Innovative Wal-Mart Account Professional
A versatile and innovative Wal-Mart Account professional with 14 years of progressively increasing responsibilities as a Produce and Floral Replenishment Manager, Logistics Coordinator and Produce Replenishment Analyst, handling up to $500 million in annual volume. Subsequently, managed $70 million and $20 million annual accounts for leading produce companies selling to Wal-Mart.
Expertise includes an exceptional understanding on how to navigate and work inside Wal-Mart's systems, collaborate and partner with buyers, increase market share and resolve sales and marketing issues on the spot. A personable, dedicated and highly knowledgeable account professional seeking a new challenge with a produce and/or floral company requiring excellence in its dealings with the world's largest retailer.
Ready Pac Produce, Inc., Irwindale, California 2005-2006
Wal-Mart Business Analyst, Bentonville, Arkansas
Revitalized a business segment with $70 million in sales to Wal-Mart for a $1 billion privately held fresh-cut produce company. Created sales of value-added salads, convenience vegetables and fruit products with 1,000 Wal-Mart stores.
- Increased sales by $2 million by convincing the buyer to expand the number of stores selling Ready Pac salad bowls from 8 to 18 distribution centers.
- Developed a strategic plan that drove profitable growth.
- Worked with Ready Pac management and Wal-Mart buyers, preparing contracts for future orders.
- Prepared the Annual Business Review for Wal-Mart and presented this review to Wal-Mart along with Ready Pac's owner and Vice President of Sales.
- Submitted executive summaries to Wal-Mart's management concerning all store sales, comp store, margins, rejections, service levels and progress concerning Ready Pac's sales.
- Analyzed the business to make fact-based decisions, including the conversion of packaging from plastic to PLA, a corn-based bio-degradable material, which maximized Ready Pac's product offerings and eliminated non-moving products in favor of high-potential items.
- Transitioned a new acquisition, SaladTime®, into Wal-Mart's line of products. This entailed completing all legal and insurance documents. Subsequently, incorporated SaladTime®'s product into the Ready Pac brand.
The Lionheart Group, Pompano Beach, Florida 2004-2005
Wal-Mart Team Leader, Bentonville, Arkansas
Managed the day-to-day replenishment of four distribution centers, covering 250 stores selling $20 million in watermelons and pineapples for a $50 million privately held fruit grower/broker. Maintained daily/weekly contact with regional buyers in the field and Wal-Mart's home office buyer.
- Prepared special buys (one-time buys not on contract) of products to Wal-Mart that generated an additional $2 million in high-margin sales. These special buys have become a regular event resulting in increased profitability. Special buys included other fruit products as available.
- Created special business plans for summer sales when fruit products were in season. The biggest days were the Fourth of July and Labor Day.
- Planned and executed store-specific "force-outs" during historically high sale periods.
- Pulled data from Wal-Mart's Retail Link database for the owners of Lionheart's weekly and monthly reports to Wal-Mart buyers.
- Prepared business plans for Wal-Mart's management concerning products to be sold over the next 12 months.
Wal-Mart, Inc., Bentonville, Arkansas 1992-2004
Produce Replenishment Manager (2002-2004)
Managed 400 produce SKUs and the replenishment process for 28 distribution centers with 1,400 stores. Dealt with 30 vendors providing merchandise for $500 million in annual sales.
- Worked with direct import buyers for key products including grapes, peaches, nectarines, apricots and plums, providing faster arrival of merchandise at lower costs.
- Trained new suppliers as they joined Wal-Mart's vendor community and new personnel in existing suppliers as well as new Wal-Mart associates.
Floral Replenishment Manager (2000-2002)
Managed 12 floral suppliers shipping into 25 distribution centers serving 1,100 super centers, generating a sales volume of $175 million.
- Successfully implemented a floral two-tier replenishment system that maintained fresher flowers, more inventory turns and increased profitability by $20 million.
- Managed and executed promotional cost pass-through (PCP) scripts that increased sales for Valentine's and Mother's Day.
- Managed a point-of-sale system for 1,100 stores.
- Managed a modular process for placement of flowers in each store.
Logistics Coordinator (1999-2000)
Coordinated the activities of the produce buying staff and Wal-Mart's logistics departments.
- Recommended changes to the logistics system, resulting in $1 million savings in 1999.
- Recommended that the load building team be centralized at Wal-Mart's home office and not spread out in the field. Created an action plan that brought this function in-house and saved Wal-Mart $4 million.
Super Center Produce Replenishment Analyst (1992-1999)
Began retail career working in two Wal-Mart stores in maintenance, sales, stocking, cashiering and assembling. Subsequently, transferred into a food distribution center filling orders, moving merchandise on the floor, implementing safety regulations, training staff, materials handling, ordering and quality assurance. In 1997, transferred to the Super Center Produce Department and replenished many different categories of produce while maintaining a 99% service level for eight distribution centers servicing 400 stores in the Midwest.
- Trained suppliers on replenishment techniques as Wal-Mart rolled out co-managed replenishment programs. Worked with 30 vendors covering fruits, vegetables, potatoes, onions, convenience lines, specialty value-added packs, dressings, dips, croutons and nuts. Trained three new Wal-Mart buyers on replenishment purchasing.
MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Wal-Mart Retail Link, Replenishment, Logistics, POS & Wal-Mart vendor systems
Pin Oak High School, Magazine, Arkansas (private high school)
Other Courses: Walton Development Center - Dale Carnegie, Management Skills, Conflict Management, Excel 1 & 2, Replenishment and Retail Link 101, and Inforem (the Wal-Mart Internal Replenishment System)