Successful Sales Manager
A versatile and dedicated sales professional with 20 years of progressively increasing responsibilities who has generated more than $342 million in sales in the computer peripheral, security, training, computer services and equipment industries.
Expertise includes outstanding sales, business development, talent acquisition, training, customer retention, product development, negotiating and program development skills. A personable leader who relishes being a member of his own team.
Zebra Technologies, Inc., Camarillo, California 2005-2007
North America Sales Manager, Zebra Card Printer Solutions, Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Managed the strategy, direction and growth of printer and supply sales in the United States and Canada for the largest specialty label printing company serving the automotive, pharmaceutical, postal, medical, financial, retail distribution, warehousing, defense, transportation and shipping industries with sales of more than $700 million.
- Directed five regional sales managers, an inside sales team of three and a customer service team of four, generating $28 million in sales annually with gross margins up to 60%.
- Developed and implemented an annual purchasing quota that increased dealer purchases from 50% up to 300%.
- Developed and introduced a new sales program that made products more accessible to the company's direct channel of 50 dealers.
- Launched a first initiative to a distribution segment, which is expected to expand sales by at least 30%.
- Improved customer relations by creating a partnership council where Zebra management and dealers met twice a year.
- Grew sales by 16.7% in the first year in comparison to company growth of only 10%.
- Launched the company's first initiative into the U.S. commercial photo printer market.
- Identified and promoted development of a first year warranty and service program for qualified dealers, improving their focus on company products.
Brady Corporation, IDenticard Systems, Inc., Lancaster, Pennsylvania 1990-2005
Director of Sales (1996-2005)
General Manager of IDenticard Technologies & Product Manager of IDenticard Systems (1990-1995)
Began as Product Manager and through a series of promotions, became General Manager of the Access Control Division. Subsequently, the company went through three major sales, first to Edwards Systems Technologies, next to The General Electric Company and finally to the Brady Corporation. As Director of Sales, sold photo identification and access control systems to dealers as well as selected products to end-users.
- Managed strategy and sales of photo ID and access control products globally with a team of 51.
- Grew sales from $8 million to $28.2 million.
- As General Manager, took one of the company's losing divisions and turned it around to profitability within seven months, growing sales from $650,000 to $4 million with 30% in profits in less than three years.
- Directed the development of IDenticard's first badging software product, which is still being sold today.
- Developed and implemented plans that corrected product issues and expanded product capabilities.
- Reorganized sales teams to focus on end-users, dealers and independent representative organizations.
- Developed and implemented compensation programs.
- Managed employee and dealer training programs covering all products.
- Organized and implemented semi-annual sales meetings and the company's first dealer meeting in 2005.
ISC Educational Systems, Lancaster, Pennsylvania 1986-1990
Sold customized educational and training programs covering a wide range of subjects, from educational projects to computer-based interactive management training programs, for a privately held international company. Programs were developed for companies and educational organizations.
As Marketing Representative/Healthcare Consultant for Control Data's Business Information systems, sold MIS services via computer timesharing to more than 100 organizations. Sold microfilm systems to engineering departments for the 3-M Micrographics Products Division. As Sales Representative for Monroe, sold businesses calculators and programmable products as well as trained end-users.
Possess four years of experience teaching mathematics and computer programming.
Three-year winner of Control Data's 100% Club for sales excellence
Two-year winner of IDenticard Systems' 100% Club
Bachelor of Science, Mathematics, Millersville University, Millersville, Pennsylvania
Other: Certificate, Sales Management from Control Data Corporation