Dynamic Sales Professional
A dynamic sales professional with 20 years of increasing responsibilities in government and channel IT sales. Sold more than $320 million with margins of up to 80%.
- Achieved business development goals in security industry projects, including national ID cards, biometrics, smart cards and card printer sales.
- Developed and implemented promotional programs and created strategic industry partnerships that won significant federal and state government business.
- Hired, trained and managed outstanding sales professionals in the U.S., Europe and Asia.
- An entrepreneurial team player skilled in establishing and running independent businesses.
ZEBRA TECHNOLOGIES, Warwick, RI 2004-2007
Zebra is a global manufacturer of desktop card, barcode and RFID printers.
Director of Government Sales - North America, Card Printer Systems (CPS) Division
Consolidated disparate sales units of the company's subsidiaries products, Eltron printers of California and Atlantek printers of Rhode Island, to form a cohesive focused sales organization. Generated $30 million in revenues.
- Managed the successful introduction of a new secure card printer that won public safety and driver license contracts in Wisconsin, West Virginia, Hawaii, Arizona, Arkansas and South Carolina.
- Established first sales in Canada by obtaining an Atlantic Provinces contract for $4 million.
- Led the sales organization to exceed its quota in government sales by revamping service warranty contracts with major system integrators. This generated a profitable revenue stream exceeding $5 million per year.
- As a charter member of the Industry Advisory Board to the American Association of Motor Vehicles Administrators (AAMVA), led the company's participation in defining standards for a national ID and printing methodology.
- Defined, developed and implemented printer related programs with AAMVA that gained visibility with state governments.
- Formed alliances with Bearing Point, Northrop Grumman, SAIC, EDS and other federal system integrators for inclusion of products in programs. Maintained and developed relationships with Digimarc, Marquis and Viisage - all major system integrators in state government secure credentialing contracts.
VIISAGE TECHNOLOGY, Littleton, MA 1998-2004
Viisage provides system integration services on secure credentials to government agencies.
Director of Sales and Marketing, Systems Integration and ID Division
Managed a matrixed sales team in strategic planning, marketing and sales. Obtained contracts for government secure credentials with biometrics worth $70 million.
- Led the company to the top industry position by winning nine contracts in Maryland, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Mississippi, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Delaware and Georgia.
- Developed and maintained commissioner and secretary level contacts within state government agencies.
- Forged alliances with international system integrators, including Hewlett Packard, Unisys, SoftwareAG and De La Rue, enhancing business and strengthening value chain to capture a 30% increase in market share.
ACCURATE REPORTING - USA INC. (AR-USA), Weston, MA 1997-1998
Vice President, Sales
Co-founder of AR-USA, an access control, payroll and time-keeping company. Member of the National Association of Certified Compliance Consultants (NACCC). Took the company from startup to 18 clients in high-technology, hotels, nursing homes, manufacturing and retail businesses with an annual revenue of $500,000.
- Negotiated the profitable sale of the company to a national service provider.
BERLITZ INTERNATIONAL, Natick, MA 1995-1996
New England General Manager
Sold $1 million in information technology translation services to corporate clients, including localization of software and multimedia for international markets. This represented a 300% increase in North Eastern sales. Built awareness for localization services by speaking at industry forums.
- Published Going Global with Multimedia for the Massachusetts Software Council.
DIGITAL EQUIPMENT CORPORATION, Maynard, MA 1982-1994
Group Manager, International Systems Division (1991-1994)
Developed and managed a $30 million business unit for translation services sales in the U.K., France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, U.S. and Israel dedicated to selling local language products. Clients included Lotus, Interleaf, Xerox Computers, Progress Software and divisions of Digital Equipment.
- Winner of Sales Excellence Award in 1993.
Unit Sales Manager, Independent Software Vendor Group (1987-1991)
Recruited more than 200 independent software vendors developing applications for Digital's workstation platforms. This effort resulted in a $127 million increase in incremental sales. Acted as spokesperson at major client conferences.
- Received the Sales and Marketing Excellence Award for achieving 200% of goals for 1990 and 1991.
Product Marketing Manager, Workstation and Desktop Division (1984-1987)
Recruited, negotiated and concluded agreements with 180 software developers who adapted their applications to the company's platform. Published and promoted developer lists as part of the company's application marketing to help sell their products in conjunction with the company's hardware.
- Workstation strategy spokesperson at Digital Users Society (DECUS) forums.
Service Development Manager, Software Product Services Division (1982-1984)
Managed after market business services sales for the company's operating systems and third party applications. Created service products that generated a new revenue stream of $2.5 million annually.
- Developed the industry's first Telephone Advisory Services in support of third party applications.
- Personally featured on the cover of "Digital Sales Update" magazine in 1984 as one of the company's highest achievers.
HONEYWELL, INC., Waltham, MA 1980-1982
Developed a manufacturing plan for peripherals and components that maintained proper inventories to support domestic and international sales. Automated planning systems to ensure maximum productivity.
Bought and developed an independent franchise, increasing sales by 150% with annual revenues of $250,000. Subsequently, sold the business for a substantial profit.
Babson College, Wellesley, MA
Master of Business Administration, Marketing and Finance
Osmania University, Hyderabad, India
Master of Business Administration, Management & Organization Behavior
Bachelor of Arts, Economics and Government
Clark University Computer Career Institute 1995
Certificate in Client/Server Development
Received 360 hours of intensive hands-on training in Visual Basic 3.0, Power Builder 3.0a, MS SQL programming and relational databases. Developed a student registration system as part of a class project.
English, Hindi and Urdu
Naturalized U.S. Citizen since 1980