Award-Winning Sales & Operations Executive
An award-winning executive in sales and operations with a highly successful career in setting up and managing high-performing sales organizations for leading service, security, consumer products, food and capital equipment companies. Generated $537 million in revenues with gross margins up to 50%, representing 2,500 SKUs.
Outstanding skills in brand positioning, recruiting and training of high-performing sales staff, development of cost saving and efficient delivery systems, supply chain management and union negotiations.
Aramark Corporation (NYSE: RMK), Uniform Services Division, Burbank, California 2006-Present
Vice President Sales - Western Region
Generated an 18% increase in year-over-year sales revenue in eight Western states for the second largest supplier of career apparel with $1.1 billion in revenues. Part of a $10.2 billion public provider of business services with international operations and 240,000 employees. Managed 107 account executives located throughout the Western Region, 15 sales managers, two sales directors and one sales trainer.
- Sales team achieved #1 status in the 2006 summer sales contest by producing 289% of plan.
- Moved the company's sales force and objectives towards mid-market companies that were previously overlooked. Generated $4.2 million in new sales, achieving 90% of the total annual sales plan within the first 90 days of implementation.
- Established a new training and evaluation process for sales associates, which measured performance metrics in the selecting and tracking of the best sales professionals.
- Created and implemented a system identifying future outstanding sales candidates from a pool of junior level sales associates. These candidates filled future sales openings. Using this approach, sales productivity increased while turnover decreased by more than 10% year-over-year.
Securicor Corporation, formerly AHL/Air Serv Corporation, Atlanta, Georgia 2001-2005
Senior Vice President - Western Region
Held P&L responsibility for $96 million in revenues for a region with 3,000 employees in 65 locations throughout the Western Region for a $1 billion international provider of security and airlines services with 24,000 employees. Personally sold services and equipment to Fortune 500 companies for West Coast subsidiaries.
- Recruited and trained an entire 12-person Western Region sales team. Repositioned the brand and, over a two-year period, increased market share from 5% to 11%.
- Implemented a client visitation program that increased client retention from 85% to 96% over a two-year period.
- As a result of 9/11 and the subsequent changes in business, successfully transitioned $20 million of contracts and 600 employees into a startup spin-off, Air Serv Corporation, in 2003.
- Increased new accounts by 200% between 2004-2005, adding five new lines of service in two new markets. Achieved $7.4 million in new sales in 2004.
Aramark Corporation, Uniform Services Division, Burbank, California 1996-2000
Group Manager & General Manager, Cleanroom Group
Held P&L responsibility for a group generating $25 million in revenues with four facilities in continental U.S., Puerto Rico and Mexico and 550 associates, including a management staff of 12.
- Promoted from General Manager Western Operations to Group Manager in 1998.
- Strategically overhauled the group's Western Region operations. Designed and implemented a plan that expanded the group's target market. Over a two-year period, increased revenues from $4 million to $12 million with a profit swing of $1.3 million.
- This group was mandated to meet FDA criteria and, as a result, initiated a plan that led to ISO 9002 Certification, a first for Aramark Corporation.
- Increased net income from a 5.7% loss to 10.2% profit. Awarded President Club honors in sales and profit in 1996, 1997 and 2000 and was designated for the Division #1 in Client Retention in 1999. In 1997 and 2000 was in the Top 5 in sales performance for the Division.
- Successfully negotiated contracts with collective bargaining units of the Teamsters, SEIU, Engineers and Administrative unions.
PepsiCo, Taco Bell Corporation, Irvine, California 1992-1995
General Manager, Multi-Locations
Led an operations team with P&L responsibility for 12 PepsiCo owned units in South Central Los Angeles. Developed and implemented a strategic marketing plan that increased market share by adding untapped revenue streams.
- Increased revenues by 18% in one year, exceeding all sales and profit plans.
- Developed a turn-key model for new location startups. The model was determined to be the key to maintaining construction budgeted goals and was used throughout PepsiCo as a best practice.
- The new marketing model was selected as a pilot location for all new marketing launches.
- Led teams that established best practices in recruiting, hiring and teaching leadership techniques while delivering outstanding customer service.
Kone Corporation, Finland 1987-1990
Sales Manager, Sacramento, California; Sales Associate, Los Angeles, California
Drove new business development for the fourth largest global provider of elevators and escalators with 2.9 billion in revenues and 25,500 employees. Met and exceeded each year's sales plan.
- Initiated and contracted with the City of Los Angeles to provide elevators and escalators for the MTA project for $12.3 million which resulted in the company's largest client to date.
- Member of President's Circle for Outstanding Results vs. Quota. Participated on a leadership team in defining and rolling out best practices within the U.S. sales team.
Pepperdine University, Graduate School of Business, Malibu, California
Master of Business Administration 1992
University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana
Bachelor of Arts, Government Major 1987, personally financed education