Dynamic Sales Professional
A dynamic sales professional with 16 years of progressively increasing responsibilities in building sales and business opportunities for service, technology and consulting companies serving the consumer and business-to-business markets.
Expertise includes outstanding marketing, prospecting and planning skills. A natural leader with a record for putting together winning sales and service teams for technology companies. Highly experienced in establishing channel sales using Value Added Resellers.
Luskin-Clark Service Company, Inc., Culver City, California 2006-2010
Vice President, Heating Ventilation and Air Condition (HVAC) (2009-2010)
Managed the HVAC division for a residential and commercial service company serving 75,000 customers in the Greater Los Angeles area.
- Grew the total HVAC business by 33% in one year while maintaining a 60% gross margin.
- Personally sold $430,000 through phone consultations from service technician leads.
- Developed the company’s commercial HVAC business, generating $450,000 in the first nine months.
- Created and implemented a customer preventative maintenance program that generated 750 contracts in the first year.
- Created and implemented a job-tracking profitability process that measured the profitability of large jobs. This process included a standardized approach to each job, increasing profitability by 5%.
Vice President, Business Development (2006-2009)
Changed the company’s philosophy from a strictly sales organization to a customer-focused service provider. Without these improvements, the company could not compete in today’s market.
- Developed an outbound call program targeted at selling preventative services to existing customers, increasing service calls by 28% and sales by $1.6 million in 2009.
- Reduced new customer acquisition costs from $473 to $270 per customer.
- Trained the customer service staff in handling incoming calls, improving the conversion of calls to service work orders from 82% to 94%.
- Implemented technician training programs on how to deal with customers for sales and service, increasing paid services per call by 240% and conversion rates from 68% to 83%.
- Developed and implemented a customer satisfaction program, including related software, satisfaction phone calls, and a survey that measured technician performance and service outcomes. This improved customer retention by 17%.
- Created a proactive outbound calling environment by using Act software, facilitating the creation of a marketing customer database. This included promotional preventative maintenance specials and recommendations/proposals follow-up.
- Incorporated an automated dialing system that improved the effectiveness of the outbound sales team, which increased meaningful conversations by 36% and the number of calls booked by 33% per representative per day.
- Re-engineered the dispatching process, improving the company’s on-time performance by 22%.
- Implemented an equipment and tool tracking software and inventory system that controlled, maintained and retrieved tools used by 80 field technicians. This saved more than 20% in lost tools and equipment.
Integrated Sales Management, Irvine, California 2004-2006
Senior Account Executive
Identified, prospected and sold Customer Relationship Management (CRM) technology and business services for a consulting firm focused on integrating people, processes and technology to increase revenues for client companies.
- Successfully sold and managed key accounts, including Wells Fargo, Asymtek, John Laing Homes, Time Warner Cable, ICI Paints, Insight Health, Prudential Overall Supply and Unified Western Grocers, generating sales of $1 million and $1.5 million in the first two years, respectively.
- Developed and managed relationships with CRM software manufacturers, which resulted in $245,000 in consulting services and a 37% increase in referrals.
TranZero, Inc., Los Angeles, California 2001-2004
National Account Manager
Sold electronic payment solutions and services (online payments and electronic check conversions) to property management and owners nationwide, for an electronic payment solutions development and consultancy firm with primary focus on the multi-family property management market. Managed administration, training and customer support.
- Successfully sold electronic payment solutions and processing services to eight of the top 50 multi-family property management companies, including Lincoln Property Management, Archstone Management, Irvine Company and Equity Residential, resulting in an increase of $985,000 in client receipts per month.
- Created a VAR channel that sold electronic payment solutions (hardware and software) at the regional level for small- to medium-size property management companies, resulting in ten sales.
- Identified and successfully developed partnerships with property management software development organizations to provide a wider range of solutions for company clients.
FieldCentrix, Irvine, California 2000-2001
Sold innovative wireless business applications and services to the service and construction industry for a startup technology company with annual sales of $15 million.
- Cultivated, prospected and sold wireless data field automation hardware, software and services in a team environment, covering Southern California, Arizona, and Idaho, resulting in $2.1 million in sales.
- Developed and cultivated relationships with key partners, resulting in revenues of $222,000.
- As an expert in the company’s technology and applications, met with more than 1,185 potential customers in a year’s time.
Solomon Software, Inc., Irvine, California 1995-2000
Western Regional Sales Manager (1998-2000)
Recruited and trained service and project management vertical market resellers for the leading provider of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software, generating $75 million in annual sales.
- Assisted resellers in demonstrating applications and closing sales, resulting in revenues of $5.2 million in 1999. This included creating business plans for each reseller organization.
- Recruited, trained and managed 39 resellers in the Western half of the United States in project and service management vertical markets.
General Manager, ProService Software, Inc., Los Angeles, California (1995-1998)
Purchased by Solomon Software, Inc. in 1998. Began this position during senior year at Pepperdine University.
Participated in the startup of what became a leading provider in Windows-based service management software sold to small- to mid-size companies. Sales quickly rose to more than $2.5 million over the first two years. During the company’s first year of development, sold more than $1 million in software and services. Wrote technical and user documentation.
- Implemented and trained the first customer, a $5 million plumbing and heating company.
- Defined necessary features and functionality software enhancements for the second customer, a $250 million mechanical, commercial and residential plumbing, HVAC and electrical company.
- Implemented and trained a leading customer, which included conversion of data, system configuration, system customization, workflow development, procedure manual creation and training 75 users.
- Developed and taught a three-day reseller certification training program for 26 consultants focused on educating customers on field service and software.
- Developed and published a reseller training program. Recruited and trained 28 resellers throughout the United States.
- Managed and assisted resellers to achieve sales goals in excess of $2.5 million in 1998.
- Successfully completed 18 implementations of the software, including one in the United Kingdom and another in Jamaica. This included data migration, system configurations and training services. Performed quality assurance testing that minimized software problems.
Pepperdine University, Malibu, California
Bachelor of Arts, Business, 1996
Other Courses: Solutions Selling – Mike Bosworth, Best Software Sales Academy; Solutions Selling Coach (Solomon Software)
FieldCentrix, Account Executive of the Month
Nexstar Marketing Outstanding Accomplishment Award for its Outbound Call Program