Versatile Project Manager
A versatile project manager who has held increasing responsibilities in office management, creative development, retail marketing and administration for The Walt Disney Company. Responsibilities included working with vendors, licensees, international operations, leading retailers, creative art departments and event planners.
Exceptional skills in office administration, customer relations, project planning, implementation, streamlining operations, problem solving, budget management and research.
The Walt Disney Company, Consumer Products Division, Burbank, California 1985-2005
Project Supervisor, Shared Services Group (2001-2005)
Led the development of style guides involving the creative services group, marketing, legal department and various Disney lines of business. Guides were used by licensees and business units in the preparation of products, collateral materials, retail presentations and advertising for a $2.5 billion consumer products division of the world's largest entertainment company.
- Piloted the development of the first Muppets style guide for Disney in both printed and digital formats. Located, researched, interviewed, negotiated and managed outside resources including designers, character artists, writers and printers in support of a newly acquired franchise that represents a multi-billion dollar sales potential. The style guide was delivered on time and under budget.
- Developed and implemented procedures for creative development production. Managed the workload of creative teams, resulting in a system that is now used division-wide.
- Defined a process for controlling the development of all character art that included scheduling of work, setting priorities, negotiating timelines, creation of a visual display and a progress reporting system for internal clients. This provided a production cycle for on-time delivery.
- Planned and maintained schedules and meetings for character artists and designers to review product from licensees for compliance with Disney standards. Submitted and tracked legal and third party approvals for products relating to Disney/Pixar films. Consistently communicated and resolved any issues that might have delayed delivery or risked legal ramifications.
- Led the Communications Steering Committee subgroup that created more meaningful meeting agendas, resulting in an 11% increase in employee satisfaction throughout the division.
Creative Retail Supervisor (1998-2001)
Delegated retail duties among staff of four coordinators. Responsible for quarterly personnel reviews of this staff. Assisted the Creative Director with the reviews of 15 creative team members, analyzing skills and job performance.
- Organized trade show booth design and collateral materials for the company's presentation at individual retailer headquarters and on-site at 3-7 trade shows yearly. Trade shows included M.A.G.I.C., JPMA, SHOPA, LIMA and Toy Fair.
- Managed the graphics, archival products and tours of the Mickey Mouse Museum, a big-rig trailer that was on the road three months per year. As a company ambassador, the museum visited more than 15 cities annually and successfully provided incremental retail marketing support for licensed products.
- Collaborated with the corporate headquarters of major retailers in providing signage, guidelines, and collateral materials that were used nationwide in support of Disney licensed products (i.e. Wal-Mart, Target, Toys 'R' Us).
- Created an internal specifications guide for Wal-Mart's display policies. This facilitated the sell-in of Disney licensed products, maximizing exposure at each store nationwide.
- Managed design and creation of an award-winning display. The project won the POPAI 2002 Outstanding Merchandising Achievement Award for the Best of Industry Permanent Display.
Creative Retail Coordinator (1994-1998)
Retail Marketing Coordinator, Licensing (1992-1994)
Worked with numerous Disney business units, retailers, licensees and outside design firms in providing signage, fixturing and guidelines for retail stores, trade shows and licensee showrooms. Supervised and approved work orders and art for licensee support.
- Provided creative and marketing support for JC Penney's The Lion King promotion that achieved a one-day sales gain of 40% and total gain for the week of 22% for the launch of the film.
- Scheduled and tracked work orders, resulting in on-time deliverables for product sell-in and displays
- Spearheaded project reviews, keeping major players informed of progress, problems or changes that might impact budget or deliverables.
Assistant to the Director of Retail Marketing (1990-1992)
Provided retail promotions support for major retailers. Cultivated and sustained retail contacts. Coordinated the launch of Disney's first retail road shows presenting different themes, films and characters available for buy-ins. Maintained the company's vast presentation libraries ensuring easy access to archives, reducing turnaround time.
Administrative Assistant to the Vice President of International Marketing (1985-1990)
Acted as liaison between International Consumer Product offices and the Vice President of International Marketing. Coordinated 15 international offices with corporate licensing operations. Provided executive assistance for the preparation of meetings and presentations and the processing of expense reports, travel arrangements and schedules.
- Arranged logistics for the company's first International Consumer Products Conference, showcasing new products from 15 countries and resulting in renewed dialogue, new ideas and licensing opportunities.
Independent Transcriber for three busy court reporters, Office Manager for a magazine publishing company and Operations Manager for a book publishing company.
Valley College Los Angeles, Van Nuys, California
Two years towards an Associate Degree
Other Courses: Franklin Covey Time Management, Effective Listening and Feedback, Creative Problem Solving, Communicating One-on-One, Dimensions of Behavior, Diversity, Ethics in the Workplace, Standards of Business Conduct and Crisis Management
Computer Skills: Word, Outlook, Internet, SAP Casual Buyer, Excel