Project Management/Admin Support Professional
More than 20 years in administrative support and project management roles for hospitals and healthcare organizations. Knowledgeable in construction and facilities management as well as regulatory compliance.
A highly organized, detail-oriented professional with a commitment to excellence and strong interpersonal skills.
California Hospital Medical Center, Los Angeles, California 1979-2006
Project Manager, Facilities Department (2003-2006)
Acted as a liaison with regulatory agencies, including OSHPD, for remodeling and new construction projects for a 600,000 square foot major medical center campus with four buildings.
- Served as the project manager for the construction of a $1.2 million, four-story, emergency exit stair tower with responsibility for contractor scheduling, invoice review and processing, coordination of hospital accommodations, approval of change orders and consultations with the architect.
- Oversaw the remodeling of an outpatient oncology treatment center and secured OSHPD approval.
- Managed the conversion of a medical office building to administrative offices and facilitated space planning.
- Coordinated the hospital-wide painting and repair of water-damaged areas, minimizing interruption to ongoing operations.
Call Panel Coordinator (1996-2003)
Provided administrative assistance to the executive team including the chief financial officer, chief operating officer and vice president of patient care. Coordinated the scheduling of physician coverage for obstetrics and emergency services.
- Prepared operations and financial reports, scheduled meetings, maintained filing and managed correspondence.
- Reviewed and processed invoices to compensate physicians for providing care to indigent patients.
Property Manager (1992-1996)
Managed 28 hospital-owned apartments occupied by nursing students and employees. Reviewed tenant applications, coordinated building maintenance and collected rent.
Human Resources Assistant (1988-1992)
Reported to the human resources director. Completed reference checks, processed applications, maintained employee files and scheduled interview appointments.
Building Project Assistant (1985-1988)
Provided clerical support to an architect and the clinical design coordinator during the construction of a new hospital with a 9-story patient tower.
Administrative Assistant (1979-1985)
Assisted the chief nurse executive with appointment scheduling, managing office duties and interfacing with the nurse management team.
Beverly Hospital, Montebello, California 1965-1979
Position Control Coordinator (1976-1979)
Prior Experience (1965-1976)
Held administrative support roles in nursing.
California State University Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
Business classes, 1970-1971
East Los Angeles College, Los Angeles, California
General coursework, 1967-1969
California Society for Healthcare Engineers, 2003-2006