Experienced Payroll/Benefits Administrator
A versatile and highly experienced human resources, administrative, payroll, benefits and employee relations professional for the third largest fresh-cut produce company in the U.S.A.
Expertise includes outstanding skills in the ADP Payroll System, office equipment, interpersonal relations, human resources, benefits administration, translations and recruitment skills.
Ready Pac Produce, Inc., Irwindale, California 1987-2005
Payroll Specialist/401(k) Administrator (2002-2005)
Prepared the executive and headquarters payroll (spread out over 20 states) for a $1 billion privately held fresh-cut produce company with 3,000 employees of whom 90% are Hispanic.
- Prepared all the detail that went into the 300-person executive, administrative, marketing, production management and sales staff payroll including medical leave, vacation, jury duty, car allowances, per diems, advances, family leave and incentive bonuses. Fulfilled this function continuously since 1997.
- Reconciled garnishments and court orders.
- Prepared statistical reports on all payroll components including bi-weekly, monthly and yearly statements.
- Prepared W-2 statements, year-end payroll closings and 401(k) statements.
- Worked with auditors for seven years in preparing closings, compliance and government reports for payroll reconciliation.
- Maintained and enforced payroll policies and procedures throughout the company.
- Assisted employees with special 401(k) requests including loans, hardship withdrawals, terminations and selections of investment options.
- Prepared bi-weekly instructions for 401(k) fund transmittals and accounting reports, ensuring that proper funds were sent to the fund manager.
- For five years, conducted quarterly enrollments into the 401(k) plan bilingually with up to 150 participants each quarter.
- Prepared translations of the company's 401(k) plan into Spanish.
Benefits & Records Administrator (1990-2002)
Administered the company's health, life, accident, workers' compensation and long-term disability insurance plans for 1,000 employees and prepared the corporate payroll for a staff of 80. Supervised a personnel assistant. Payroll included incentive bonuses and automobile allowances. Conducted enrollment meetings for health plans, reconciled insurance statements, liaisoned with insurance brokers, resolved employee problems and planned day-to-day the Human Resources Department's operations.
- Oversaw and maintained all personnel records and tracked holiday, vacation and sick pay.
- Conducted performance appraisals and salary reviews.
- Prepared statistical reports on all benefit programs.
- Maintained and audited monthly premiums, claims, employee contributions and enrollment records for all plans.
- Coordinated disbursements of disability claims taking into account other insurance claims to prevent duplication of payments. This reduced abusive utilization in disability pay.
Personnel Assistant (1987-1990)
Began as a Human Resources Representative when the company had only 300 employees. Worked in all aspects of human resources including recruitment, personnel records, compliance, training, organizational development, payroll, incentives, benefits, the ADP Payroll System and time recording systems.
Nichimen Corporation, Guatemala City, Guatemala 1977-1987
Sold business-to-business chemicals, automobiles, spare parts, textiles and plastic materials to local manufacturing companies for a Japanese owned sales organization of Japanese, European and American products. The company had 400 major clients.
- Maintained a client base of 30 key manufacturing companies and visited each weekly.
On-site Education Program, Ready Pac Produce, Inc., Irwindale, California
High School Academic Diploma
Instituto Guatemalteco Americano, Guatemala City, Guatemala
Administrative Assistant/Bilingual Secretary Diploma
Other Courses: Report Smith, ADP PCPW/PAYFORCE Payroll System, 401(k) Administration and Translator - Spanish/English
Languages: Bilingual in Spanish and English