Experienced Online Retailing & Auctions Professional
An innovative and successful online retailing and auctions professional who has launched and operated a retail business for the world's largest entertainment company. Experience includes the creation and management of two successful specialty retail startups.
A personable sales and merchandising professional with outstanding organizational, communications, negotiations and creative skills in search of a retail management position in a fast-paced consumer products business.
The Walt Disney Company, Disney Direct Marketing (DDM) and Walt Disney Internet Group (DIG), DisneyAuctions.com, Glendale and North Hollywood, California 1999-2005
Merchandise Manager (2000-2005)
Implemented merchandise procurement, development, planning, processing and reporting of the Disney Auctions E-commerce business unit, partnering with eBay.
- Participated in the initiative for the implementation and launch of the Disney Auctions site and its merchandise procuring and processing system covering 17,000 SKUs.
- Developed and executed the business unit's merchandise strategy, product flow, auction scheduling, and reporting structure.
- Managed 25 internal business partnerships for synergy opportunities in marketing and merchandising from inception to completion, including revenue sharing, availability of merchandise and fulfillment logistics. Merchandise included experiences (lunches with celebrities, appearances on TV shows), theme park artifacts (Disneyland marquee, Dumbo ride vehicles, park signage), costumes, and props from films and promotional items.
- Partnered and negotiated with 20 external vendors, developing new products (Disney Auctions exclusives), procuring inventory, and developing promotional strategies.
- Liaisoned with marketing, production, photography, and copywriting teams to maximize sales opportunities.
- Recruited and trained an Assistant Merchandise Manager.
Executive Assistant, Walt Disney Telefilms, Burbank, California (1999-2000)
Managed the office of the President of Disney Telefilms, producer of films for television.
- Managed a heavy daily volume of incoming and outgoing correspondence in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Coordinated scheduling meetings with agents, directors, producers, and talent.
The Decoupage Studio, Studio City, California 1996-1999
Product Developer/Store Manager/Instructor
Managed and coordinated operations and strategic planning of a retail store and E-commerce startup.
- Developed a product line and founded a retail home décor/craft store.
- Identified sales and margin opportunities through product and store performance trend analyses.
- Coordinated merchandise buying, marketing, advertising, promotion, accounting, and inventory control, achieving maximum efficiency.
- Motivated and inspired students through decoupage classes taught at The Learning Tree University and Learning Annex.
- Implemented a strategic plan to liquidate assets that evolved into a Web site and selling on eBay.
- Scheduled auctions to maintain variety and determined reserve pricing that optimized profit.
Production Accounting Assistant
Began as an Accounting Assistant on Independence Day (Twentieth Century Fox) and Rich Man's Wife (Walt Disney Pictures). Subsequently, promoted to Construction Accountant on Anaconda (Sony Pictures Entertainment).
- Managed the home-base accounting office while the production crew was on location out of the country.
- Reviewed purchase orders, invoices, and petty cash reimbursements from department heads.
- Inventoried all assets including props, wardrobe and set decorations.
Sandollar Television (Funded by The Walt Disney Company), Burbank, California 1993-1995
Managed and coordinated the office of the President of a television production company that produced three network television shows: Someone Like Me, All American Girl, and Heavens to Betsy.
- Coordinated schedules, heavy phones, correspondence, and script distribution, working closely with networks, agents, directors, and producers.
Plantz/Pamela Plant, Inc./The Bead Emporium, Eugene, Oregon and Los Angeles, California 1983-1993
Product Developer/Store Manager
Created, developed, and managed a fashion jewelry manufacturing business, and then founded and operated a retail bead store.
- Managed day-to-day operations of a small manufacturing business including the design, production, purchasing, inventory control, sales, advertising, marketing, and financial planning.
- Developed and merchandised five product lines a year.
- Supervised and motivated five sales representatives and a staff of fifteen, exceeding sales projections.
- Established a client base of more than 200 department stores and boutiques, including Nordstrom, Macy's, Fred Segal, and Ice.
A&R Administrator for Motown Record Corporation, A&R Coordinator for MCA Records, Director of A&R Administration and Production at Destiny Records, and A&R Assistant for ABC Records, Inc.
California State University, Northridge, Northridge, California
Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, Marketing, Class of 2007
Los Angeles Valley College, Valley Glen, California
Associate of Arts, Business Administration, Dean's List (4.0)
University of Oregon, Eugene, Oregon
One year's courses, Dean's List
Other: Lane Community College, New Business Development Program, UCLA Extension, Production Accounting