A dynamic marketing professional with exceptional skills in project management, event planning, copywriting, training, layout design and advertising. Projects include:
A strong collaborator who is accustomed to taking on a wide variety of projects with tight deadlines. Excellent financial, leadership and interpersonal skills.
MullinTBG, Los Angeles, California 1997-2006
Lead Graphic Designer/Director (TBG Financial & Mullin Consulting, Inc. merged in 2006) (2004-2006)
Designed internal communications as well as external educational and promotional materials for a privately held, leading executive benefits and insurance company with 250 staff members.
- Prepared enrollment materials, including brochures, flyers, forms and packaging for Fortune 1,000 companies to educate and promote company plans.
- Designed and produced internal marketing materials and requests for proposals.
- Led a creative team of designers, coordinating and distributing the workflow.
- Rebuilt quarterly deferred compensation benefit statements used by more than 65,000 subscribers. Functioned as designer and liaison among programming vendors, senior management and internal committees.
- Maintained a library of client artwork used in preparing program literature for 200 corporate clients.
- Sourced vendors and purchased production equipment and services for product distribution, reducing production time and use of temporary personnel by 50%.
- Managed the company's promotional give-aways for customers and industry trade shows.
Project Specialist/Director (2001-2003)
Directed a variety of marketing and communications projects for the Vice President of Communications. Resolved software and systems difficulties, production problems, and client issues. Organized special events, conferences, trade show exhibits and promotions.
- Trained designers in graphics software and branding standards for the company and its clients. Re-designed packaging and mass-produced custom folders, envelopes and brochures.
- Lowered the cost of producing an individual enrollment kit from $45 to $15.
- Administered hardware, software and purchasing. Managed company relationships with printers, transporters and suppliers.
- Planned conferences, including presentation materials, venue negotiation and event coordination.
- Produced banners and other promotional items for trade show exhibits.
Director of Communications, Production & Design (1999-2001)
Led a creative team responsible for graphic design, production and distribution of contracts and marketing materials used throughout the company.
- Transformed the company into a paperless environment using digital scanning software and equipment. Researched new technologies and made recommendations to senior management.
- Supervised production and distribution of 40,000 enrollment kits, maintaining client branding standards, logo specifications and image guidelines.
- Standardized operating procedures and financial reporting in the Communications, Client Services, and Accounting departments. Approved and coordinated production budgets and invoice payments.
- Researched and implemented online meeting and virtual communications strategies (WebEx and Brainshark), saving executive travel time and expenses.
- Negotiated with FedEx and UPS, lowering production costs by 25%. Audited procedures to ensure compliance with the United States Postal Service, saving the company 20% in shipping costs.
- Participated in a variety of senior committees, facilitating the company's growth from 65 to 150 staff over two years.
Operations Manager (1998-1999)
Supervised general operations, including enrollment kit production, distribution, employee recruitment and facilities management.
- Produced and distributed customized enrollment kits for 25,000 prospects annually.
- Revised the content of the Employee Training Manual, offering electronic updates for faster distribution to satellite offices.
- Shared responsibilities with a newly created Training Department. Created materials and facilitated Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint training.
- Integrated vendor database standards for address verification and uploads into the company's systems.
Word Processor/Graphic Designer (1997-1998)
Designed electronic and printed enrollment materials, incorporating client specifications.
- Generated custom PowerPoint presentations using animation and client branding.
- Created templates for enrollment forms, standardizing data entry input.
- Worked with senior executives to determine communication strategies.
Worked as Program Coordinator for a mental healthcare benefits provider and as Manager for a leading grocery store chain. Assisted an Oscar campaign consultant as a junior publicist. Provided marketing assistance for a quarterly book review as well as copywriting and marketing services for a web design company.
California State University, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
Bachelor of Arts, Business Administration with an emphasis in Marketing, 2007
Software: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, PageMaker, Quark and MS Office
Other Courses: American Academy of Dramatic Art - Voice, Theatre History, Dance, Acting and Creative Writing