Experienced Financial & Direct Marketing Professional
A successful financial and direct marketing professional who has participated in the development and growth of Disney's catalog and online marketing businesses which averaged $150 million in annual sales. Prepared models and forecasts that facilitated strategic planning and future growth. Previously, managed consulting assignments for seven years dealing with mergers and acquisitions, business reorganizations and litigation support for a big four accounting firm.
Expertise includes outstanding modeling, financial analysis, problem solving, forecasting and planning, marketing, customer analysis, strategic planning, team building and interpersonal skills.
The Walt Disney Company, Disney Shopping, Inc., Glendale, California 1997-2005
Director, Marketing (2004-2005)
Director, Database Marketing (2000-2004)
Managed the Disney online and catalog database of four million customers that supported $150 million in annual sales.. Led the catalog circulation strategy and the mailing execution of more than 35 million catalogs annually. Developed and managed sales planning and forecasting for the catalog and online business including the annual budget and quarterly financial forecast. Managed up to ten marketing professionals.
- Directed the restructuring of the customer database, reducing processing time by ten days which provided more current information for marketing decisions.
- Used database metrics to provide sophisticated strategies concerning promotion of customer segments, customer retention and maximizing the effectiveness of catalog mailings.
- Developed forecasts focused on the number, characteristics and buying habits of new and existing customers.
- Created criteria for calculation of lifetime value and customer acquisition costs to enable better allocation of marketing programs based on the characteristics of a given customer segment.
- Developed a standard reporting package that provided information concerning the viability status of customer segments.
- Restructured reporting of sales metrics factoring in changes from increased online sales vs. traditional catalog sales. The changes took into account marketing stimulation vs. direct order placement.
- Created and implemented various testing plans that are used to develop marketing strategies to maximize catalog and online marketing effectiveness.
Senior Marketing Manager, Sales Planning & Forecasting (2000)
Marketing Manager, Sales Planning & Forecasting (1999-2000)
Developed forecasting models used to evaluate performance and monitor trends for sales planning. This was a new position that took functions from a variety of departments to develop tools which permitted better marketing and sales decisions.
- Spent almost a year reorganizing data and setting up the structure and processes.
- Identified sales risks and opportunities along with mitigation plans for risk. This information influenced future marketing plans.
- Performed profitability analyses on marketing programs and promotions.
- Acted as liaison among merchandising, creative, inventory planning, finance, catalog production, operations and senior management.
Manager, Finance (1998-1999)
Senior Financial Analyst (1997-1998)
Concentrated on preparing the business unit's annual budget, five-year strategic plan and monthly financial forecasts. Managed two senior analysts.
- Reviewed sales trends, margins and key operating statistics.
- Prepared monthly financial reports for senior management and directed the automation of the financial reporting process.
- Re-engineered the budget planning and financial forecast models to reflect business evolution.
- Developed revenue forecast, margin and teleservicing/staffing models. Created profitability models that were used to evaluate various merchandising and marketing strategies.
- Monitored the performance of the Call Center and Distribution Center.
Coopers & Lybrand LLP, Los Angeles, California 1990-1997
Manager, Consulting Group (1995-1997)
Senior Consultant (1992-1995)
Managed projects concerned with corporate finance, business reorganizations and litigation support for Fortune 500 and middle market clients in healthcare, manufacturing, food distribution, retail, banking and aerospace industries. Directed consulting teams of up to ten professionals.
- Created and implemented fully integrated financial models that looked at the viability of middle market companies for merger and acquisition transactions as well as reorganizations.
- Conducted due diligence for company buyers and collateral reviews for lending companies. These reviews assessed historical and projected operating results, operations, inventory, cash flows and product profitability. Identified investment exposures.
- Assisted attorneys in providing financial analyses that supported negotiation and/or litigation.
- Worked with companies in refining business plans exposing risks and opportunities.
- Performed several major healthcare and manufacturing industry audits.
- Conducted business development that resulted in new assignments from existing clients and projects from new customers.
University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
Bachelor of Science, Mathematics/Economics, UCLA Alumni Scholar, 1990
Other Courses: Financial Planning & Control of Apparel Manufacturing Firms and Business of Apparel Manufacturing at UCLA Extension, and training courses related to accounting and finance at Coopers & Lybrand.
Certified Public Accountant, State of California, License Number: 67656