Successful Marketing & Business Development Professional
A successful marketing and business development professional with nine years of progressively increasing responsibilities in leading and implementing the Internet initiative for the promotion of all Disney divisions in support of $32 billion in revenues. Pioneered and realized many new first-of-a-kind innovative ideas using advertising, promotions and synergistic opportunities that became significant new revenue streams.
Expertise includes outstanding product development, communications, advertising, Internet marketing, technology and leadership skills.
The Walt Disney Company, Burbank, California 1996-2005
Director of Marketing & Synergy, Disney Retail, Disney Consumer Products (2005)
After the sale of The Disney Stores (TDS) to The Children's Place (TCP), managed the relationship between the two companies for all marketing efforts. This included customer acquisition, revenue growth, promotional exposure, strategic alliances and other business objectives.
- Worked with TCP in developing a marketing strategy for 308 Disney Stores with emphasis on new business, promotions and alliances. Established a fast-track approval system for all marketing collateral used in stores, online and other media promotional channels.
- Played a major role in introducing TCP staff to internal and external partners concerning revised and new products, commercial alliances and marketing sources.
- Assisted TCP with creative ideas in incorporating Disney's intellectual properties in marketing collateral and promotions including store campaigns, advertising, visuals and other retail content.
Director of Marketing & Promotions, Disney Online, The Disney Internet Group (2001-2005)
Managed all marketing for Disney Online representing $29 million in annual advertising sales with a multi-disciplined staff of 10-12 professionals. Interfaced on behalf of The Disney Internet Group with all other Disney entities concerning collaborative marketing using the Internet. Major Disney brands covered were Disney.com, Movies.com, FamilyFun, Disney Channel, Disney Pictures, Home Entertainment and more than 30 other business units scattered across the company.
- Created third party marketing campaigns and promotional programs with other Disney business units and corporate partners for both online and other media advertising including print, TV, radio and wireless.
- Negotiated and created synergy opportunities for other divisions encouraging reciprocal support for Disney Online.
- Developed and launched the online customer acquisition plan for Disney's proprietary credit card, Disney Visa, exceeding goals by 50%.
- Developed marketing campaigns that were pitched to hundreds of companies for online or cross-promotional advertising with a success rate of 25% sell-through.
- Restructured the Marketing Department to match the changing strategies of Internet advertising.
- Participated on the executive staff in determining strategies, budgets, staffing, target alliances and business partners.
- Conducted presentations and organized marketing events that supported sales and advertising.
Project Manager/Producer, Entertainment Content, Disney Online (2000-2001)
Guided the marketing and publicity teams of Touchstone Pictures, Hollywood Pictures, Walt Disney Pictures, Buena Vista Home Entertainment and Buena Vista Pictures Distribution in the design and use of websites that built brand awareness and increased ticket sales with daily traffic up to 3 million views.
- Working with each entity, created websites unique to each picture and initiative that maximized Internet presence.
- Interfaced with developers, programmers, artists, designers, writers, engineers and quality control in the development and installation of websites.
- Developed the long-term strategy for customer relationship marketing that included obtaining customer and prospect mailing lists and establishing collateral mailings and schedules.
- Launched more than 60 films with individual sites during this period.
Manager, Brand Marketing & Acquisitions (1999-2000)
Manager, Marketing & Customer Care (1996-1999)
Led the initiative for the launch of Disney's Blast, Disney's first online subscription service for kids, offering games, contests and activities. Since its launch, Disney's Blast has received more than 1.2 billion page views. Participated in 15 major Internet and gaming national trade shows.
- Developed plans for customer acquisition, retention and analysis, resulting in obtaining 250,000 subscribers the first year.
- Established and managed a call center in Dallas with 40 customer service agents. Wrote tools, user manuals, instructional and promotional marketing pieces and trained new agents.
- Developed the product's customer retention program, subscription pricing and special offers. Analyzed traffic data, maximizing content with customer interest.
- Prepared forecasts, budgets, operational and expense analyses, trends and service levels.
- Managed the development and installation of The Disney Internet Group's permanent exposition at EPCOT in Orlando.
- Prepared and conducted presentations and events for new product initiatives.
Hollywood Ribbon Industries, Inc., Los Angeles, California 1992-1994
Marketing & Sales Associate
Sold decorative ribbons and bows to wholesalers and retailers in the packaging, paper, balloon, floral and gift industries for a manufacturer with national customers. Developed new customers, revised and restructured the customer database, produced catalogs, negotiated cooperative advertising, designed mailings and samples, participated in trade shows and worked with 20 national sales representatives helping them establish and service accounts.
University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California
Master of Business Administration & Certificate in Business Entertainment, 1995
California State University, Long Beach, Long Beach, California
Bachelor of Science, Business Administration & Management, 1991
Other courses: Diversity, Management Journey, Communications and Computer Courses