Successful e-Commerce & Retail Marketing Professional
A successful e-commerce and retail marketing professional who has optimized marketing for the DisneyStore.com site, named the 55th largest online retailer (Internet Retailer 2004). Provided marketing leadership to The Disney Store, Inc., a $700 million specialty retail business with 550 stores. Generated $23.5 million in incremental sales. As financial manager, directed finance/accounting operations for Disney Direct Marketing and The Disney Store, Inc.
Expertise includes outstanding strategic planning, marketing, business development, project management, financial planning, and retail and online sales skills.
The Walt Disney Company, Glendale, California 2000-Present
Senior Manager, Online Marketing, Disney Direct Marketing (DDM) (2004-Present)
Managed online marketing for a $150 million multi-channel specialty retail business offering 2,500 SKUs under the URL, Disneystore.com.
- Optimized the effectiveness of e-mail marketing campaigns utilizing segmentation and customization techniques. Successfully managed 78 e-mail campaigns that included 120 million outbound e-mails, resulting in a 45% revenue increase.
- Reorganized a $12 million affiliate marketing program by eliminating third party management and bringing the function in-house, saving $610,000 while increasing affiliate sales by 14% for the 2004 holiday season.
- Optimized management of Yahoo and Google advertising programs, resulting in a 158% increase in sales.
- Negotiated online shopping programs with Yahoo Shopping and MSN e-shop, increasing sales by $150,000 in the first two quarters.
- Managed online media buys with Yahoo!, MSN and Disney Online that increased incremental site traffic by 500,000 visitors.
- Developed a framework for new business opportunities with Amazon.com, Univision.com and Kimberly Clark Corporation to drive sales and incremental traffic.
Senior Manager, Finance, Disney Direct Marketing (DDM) (2003-2004)
Member of the management team that guided Disney Direct Marketing into a positive financial operating position for the first time in five years. Provided financial planning of marketing resources in partnership with the marketing team.
- Co-developed resource allocation analysis, resulting in a senior management shift of millions of dollars from print marketing to more cost effective online direct sales vehicles.
- Partnered with the marketing team in the re-launch of the company's customer retention management program that achieved $16 million in sales. Developed a financially viable rewards structure that boosted customer retention and repeat sales while acquiring more customers.
- Successfully led all aspects of DDM's financial planning cycle including its five-year strategic plan, annual operating budget and quarterly forecasts. Major accomplishments included strategy development, earnings management, development of risk identification and opportunities analysis and creation of presentation materials.
Senior Manager, Market Analysis & Central Planning, The Disney Store, Inc. (2002-2003)
Spearheaded the function of testing marketing concepts as part of the company's program to develop an innovative and effective sales environment for a $700 million special retailer. Led a team of five marketing analysts testing product pricing strategies, model stores prior to build out that optimized product placement, merchandise selections and marketing initiatives.
- Developed pricing and promotional concepts that were applied to 540 stores, resulting in a net gain of $23.5 million in sales over two years.
- Testing proved that many of the preconceived marketing initiatives were not suitable for The Disney Store. This information prevented an estimated $9 million in wasted financial resources on ideas that would not produce sufficient return on investment.
- Completed rigorous statistical analysis and post deal review on a wide range of marketing vehicles, which lead to the optimization of marketing resource allocation.
Manager, Business Development & Strategic Financial Planning, The Disney Store, Inc. (2000-2002)
A critical member of the business development and strategic planning team, serving as an internal consultant to drive business growth.
- Co-led a business investment plan, which successfully secured $260 million in capital for the revitalization of The Disney Store real estate portfolio.
- Completed business analysis on divestiture of The Disney Store Japan. Work supported the eventual sale of the 80-store chain to the Oriental Land Company.
- Developed manpower planning & payroll optimization program that led to $1.3 million in annual operational cost savings.
- Successfully project managed a $1.1 billion worldwide annual operating plan and strategic plan. Accomplishments included strategy development, capital budgeting, manpower planning and consolidation of multiple currencies.
Nestlé Food Company, Glendale, California 1997-2000
Senior Business Analyst, Business Operations & Analysis
Served as internal consultant to the CFO, working on special projects aimed at achieving business growth and increasing operational efficiencies.
- Successfully project managed the divestiture of Nestlé's $300 million Roast & Ground coffee business to the Sara Lee Corporation (announced December 1999). Divestiture was completed on time and under budget.
- Co-developed a common business development framework in support of $400 million annual new product development investments. Framework enabled senior management to more accurately compare varied investment opportunities across different lines of business. Deliverables included detailed financial models, process guidelines, investment calendar and training program.
- Completed a comprehensive SG&A analysis that resulted in business restructuring and annual cost saving of $11 million. Analysis included comprehensive industry benchmarking at both functional and operational levels. Presented and defended findings and conclusions to senior management.
Dole Food Company, Westlake Village, California 1995-1997
Senior Financial Analyst, Corporate Financial Planning
Member of Dole Food Company's worldwide Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis team. Oversaw strategic planning, budgeting, business investment review and financial reporting for a $4 billion worldwide operation doing business in 96 countries.
- Successfully re-engineered the review and approval process for Dole's $130 million annual business development operations. Delivered standardized financial analysis, master calendar for proposal review and improved internal reporting. The project resulted in an increased ROI from investment pool due to more accurate comparison of business opportunities and faster approval time of capital enabling operating business unit's quicker reaction to investment opportunities.
- Worked directly with CEO on review and approval of major business development projects.
- Prepared periodic financial reporting packages: Board of directors mailing, quarterly analyst package and weekly earnings reforecas
Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, California
Master Business Administration - (GPA 3.7) Emphasis in Management Strategy, 1996.
Bachelor of Business Administration, 1989. Dean's List
Other Education: e-tailing group: Multi-Channel Power Boost Seminar, Affiliate Marketing Executive Summit , Public Speaking for Executives, Disney Management Insights, UCLA - New Venture Competition, Navigator, Project Management Program, Consumer Promotion ROI, Nestlé University
Other Activities: Loyola Marymount University - MBA Mentoring Program