Innovative Marketing Executive
A versatile marketing manager with extensive experience in providing marketing services for consumer products, financial services, consumer electronics and telecommunications companies. Created and implemented marketing campaigns that supported more than $3 billion in sales.
Expertise includes outstanding brand building, customer relations, direct and indirect retailing, technology, e-commerce, multi-channel and event management skills.
The Walt Disney Company, Glendale, California 2004-2005
Vice President, Marketing, Disney Direct Marketing
Recruited to lead the marketing team for Disney Consumer Products online and catalog business representing $150 million in annual sales. Managed sales through the company's URL, DisneyStore.com, subsequently re-branded to DisneyDirect.com.
- Transitioned old and new customers to DisneyDirect.com in anticipation of The Children's Place purchase of the DisneyStore.com URL in Oct 2005. Increased online traffic to DisneyDirect.com 200% over DisneyStore.com by November 2004.
- Managed online revenue drivers, increasing online sales by 24% vs. 2003.
- Implemented catalog circulation strategies which increased productivity by 87%.
- Increased new customer acquisitions by 18% during the key holiday period over the year 2003.
- Launched and implemented an aggressive search program that doubled incoming search business from 3% to 6.7% by increasing keywords from 500 to 2,000.
- Managed the e-mail marketing program that increased 50% vs. 2003.
- Led analyses of 3-4 million files covering existing and new DisneyDirect.com.customers. This data was used to determine ROI analysis of acquisition channels and purchasing statistics about customer segments in support of new products, mailings and customer contact.
Sony Electronics, Inc., San Diego, California 2001-2004
Vice President and General Manager, Marketing
Co-chaired Sony's U.S. marketing team that redesigned the company's marketing strategies and processes around key customer segments. Directed an $80 million media and promotion budget in support of Sony's VAIO line, CLIÉ PDA line, branded storage devices, memory sticks and branded monitors. Led the Retail & Event Marketing Group that managed in-store marketing and event programs, covering third party company promotional events.
- Created advertising for the launch of VAIO and CLIÉ products that achieved the #1 spot in retail share for notebooks and PDA products.
- Developed branding campaigns that supported Sony VAIO, CLIÉ, branded displays, Cybershot cameras, digital camcorders in TV, print, radio and event advertising.
- Launched direct response television advertising that drove sales to Sony's direct web and phone channels increasing Sony's VAIO PC line direct sales from 10% to 14% in FY03.
- Led efforts that streamlined individual in-store programs from 1,400 individually managed projects into one centralized and coordinated campaign.
- Developed co-marketing programs with Microsoft in the launch of MS XP as a premier partner.
- As a key member of Sony's U.S. wireless business strategy team, developed criteria for product offerings for generation Y (age 18-24) target demographic.
- Created a strategy and process that effectively marketed Sony products with Sony Pictures. As a result, the Electronics Division was involved in more than 20 feature films and supported key initiatives across Sony Music, Sony Television and its Game Show Network.
- Developed an agency/client relationship that improved productivity and effectiveness, reducing time to produce campaigns by 35%.
CarsDirect.com, Culver City, California 2000-2001
Director, Customer Acquisition & Retention
Led the customer relationship management group that acquired new prospects and customers for an online automobile dealer startup. Enhanced website features that raised conversion rates and revenues.
- Launched a web enabled, pre-approval acquisition campaign for new buyers.
- Redesigned a new customer package that reduced cost by 10%.
- Managed the lead-to-sale conversion process, preserving leads while working with dealers.
E-Stamp Corporation, San Mateo, California 1999-2000
Director, Customer Marketing
Key member of a startup management team that built a new Internet postage delivery system and developed an e-commerce brand. Led customer retention and acquisition programs that generated 65% of all revenues.
- Managed online media placements, direct mail and e-mail campaigns that acquired 50,000 E-Stamp customers.
- Defined customer and usage metrics for measuring company performance.
AT&T Wireless Services/LA Cellular, Cerritos, California 1997-1999
Executed a customer retention strategy for LA Cellular when the company was losing 40% of its customers annually. Reduced monthly customer erosion from 3.02% to 2.57% in less than six months. Promoted to lead the national strategy for customer retention for AT&T Wireless Services (AWS) in 1998.
- Developed and led initiatives that managed LA Cellular's customer base through an aggressive re-pricing program and migration from analog to digital.
- Developed and implemented a relationship strategy that increased wireless usage and maximized customer retention.
- Developed customer servicing and brand transition activities for AWS acquired networks including LA Cellular, Vanguard Cellular and Bakersfield Cellular, accounting for 2 million new users.
- Launched a cross-selling pilot initiative in the company's call center that sold other services and products to LA Cellular customers.
- Led a program that improved customer profiles and cellular usage characteristics for future marketing.
American Express Company, Travel Related Services, New York, New York 1992-1997
Director, Premium Product Marketing (1996-1997)
Led marketing for the company's Small Business Services key product portfolio. Developed product positioning and brand strategies for the Executive Corporate and Corporate Platinum cards.
- Managed acquisition programs (direct mail and phone) that acquired 100,000 new Executive Corporate card members and 30,000 new Corporate Platinum card members.
- Launched a new event program for the Corporate Platinum card that included NFL, PGA and USTA event sponsorships and other benefits.
- Led a team that successfully launched a pilot of 35 telemarketing professionals cross-selling Small Business Service products during inbound customer service calls.
- Led Small Business Service on-campus recruiting efforts. Quadrupled year-over-year yield of interns, receiving special company recognition.
Sr. Manager, Consumer Card Services Group (1994-1996)
Developed and implemented segment and usage strategies that grew customer usage.
- Developed a Select Privileges program for 1.3 million card members in the top 11 markets. Leveraged existing company relationships that created 196 offers exclusive to Amex card members. Reduced program cost by 22% and development time from eight to five months.
- Created a usage stimulation program with Membership Miles (a threshold spend program that was the first of its kind in Amex).
- Key member of the team that developed and market tested nine new card product concepts.
- Developed and implemented a marketing program for the introduction of a new charge card statement. It was used for 10 million U.S. charge card customers.
- Co-authored the group's annual strategic plan.
Manager, Platinum Card Marketing (1992-1994)
Key member of the team that achieved customer retention results 9% better than budget.
- Redesigned and re-engineered the Platinum card newsletter layout and production process, reducing production costs by 25% and improving customer satisfaction.
- Promoted to run retention activities for Platinum Marketing that included Save-A-Card tele-services, re-solicitation campaigns and loyalty programs.
J. Walter Thompson Company, New York, New York 1988-1990
Planned and implemented national and regional media campaigns for Bell Atlantic and Warner Lambert. Managed media expenditures exceeding $50 million.
- Extended the brand lifecycle for a declining brand by expanding its target segment.
The Wharton School, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Master of Business Administration, 1992
Amherst College, Amherst, Massachusetts
Bachelor of Arts in English, 1988
Other courses: Leadership, Diversity and e-Commerce Marketing