Versatile Production Manager
A versatile production manager with more than 20 years of progressively increasing responsibilities in the manufacture of custom electro-mechanical equipment used in the packaging industry by high-volume consumer product companies.
Expertise includes outstanding skills in inventory control (MRP II), supplier relations, purchasing, manufacturing layout, scheduling, planning, budget control, testing, quality control and customer relations.
Accraply, Inc., Ontario, California 1980-2006
Business Manager, Rebuilds & Conversions for Pre-Owned Labeling Equipment (2001-2006)
Production Manager, CCL Labeling Equipment Company, acquired by Accraply, 2000 (1998-2000)
Production Support Manager, CCL Labeling Equipment Company, Monrovia, California (1995-1998)
Production Support Team Leader, Avery Dennison, Monrovia, California, acquired by CCL Labeling Equipment Company, 1995 (1993-1995)
Senior Buyer, Avery Dennison, Inc., Monrovia, California (1989-1993)
Manufacturing Supervisor (1985-1989)
Assembly Leadman (1980-1985)
Took over management of a new department concerned with rebuilding, converting and upgrading labeling equipment for a privately owned OEM machine builder with $35 million in sales. Previously, managed the production of new high-speed labeling equipment for consumer product companies.
- Sold $1.3 million in after-market sales for the roll-fed labeling equipment.
- Generated $1 million in new business for the pressure sensitive labeling equipment.
- Rebuilt a database of former customers for pressure sensitive and roll-fed labeling equipment.
- Organized and directed a facility move for two manufacturing plants to Ontario, California. Designed and supervised the new production layout.
- Collaborated with the company's Inventory Control Manager in installing a new MRP II program for 40,000 SKUs.
- Developed user manuals for purchasing and inventory control, and trained staff in using MRP II.
- Increased on-time labeling equipment shipments from 37% to 70%.
- Worked with vendors to improve parts delivery.
- Reduced the physical inventory negative variance from $230,000 to $1,300.
- Reduced work-in-process inventory by 35% while maintaining the same volume of sales.
- Provided training in Programmable Logic Controls (PLC) for the Assembly Department.
Machine Builder and Electric Assembler for pressure sensitive labeling machines, including testing and troubleshooting.
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona, California
Certificates in Production, Inventory Control and Materials Management, 1991
Citrus Community College, Glendora, California
Courses towards an Associate of Arts degree, 1975-1981
Machine technology, blue print reading, quality control, electronics, DC circuits, test instruments, supervision and communication skills
Other Seminars: JD Edwards - Inventory Management, DuPont - Safety, Warehouse Management, Leadership, Sexual Harassment Awareness, Supervision, Team Building and Conflict Resolution