Experienced Information Systems Professional
A versatile information systems professional who has managed hardware and software selection, installation, and maintenance for user communities of up to 6,000 in the defense, services, construction and microelectronics industries. Created, staffed and managed the day-to-day operations of help desks that supported large public companies with nationwide coverage and in Mexico.
Expertise includes outstanding skills in project management, communications, negotiations, team building, selection of technical staff, vendor relations, and maintenance of complex local area and wide area networks.
Aramark Uniform Services, Burbank, California 2002-2006
Support Center Manager
Managed the help desk and desktop support function for a user community of 6,000 for a $400 million business unit of a $10 billion managed services company with more than 150 locations in 42 states. Managed 17 help desk and desktop support analysts.
- Wrote service level agreements, IT policies and procedures, and job descriptions. Conducted user satisfaction surveys with an average performance rating of 90% and negotiated vendor contracts.
- Reduced the average response time for help desk inquiries by 90%.
- Reduced labor costs by 12% through the use of an outside support service dealing with specific software applications.
- Managed a project that replaced 500 laptop PCs in the field with less than eight hours of downtime per unit for each user, including data transfer. Received a stock option bonus from the CIO upon project completion.
- Initiated and implemented the online consolidation of internal and vendor software and hardware documentation as well as training manuals.
- Created a system of performance metrics that measured calls and issues resolved for 3,500 users which grew to 6,000 over four years. This analysis brought out recurring problems which were addressed separately.
- Managed a project that upgraded the Peregrine call tracking system and added new features, including compatibility with the XP operating system and improved data collection.
- Added a monitor at the help desk that permitted everyone to see the number of incoming calls, wait times, distribution of calls and analyst's availability. There were more than 1,000 calls per week.
- Managed the integration of a computer asset tracking system into the Peregrine call system to identify hardware and software specifications for faster problem resolution.
- Provided support to 3,000 delivery drivers who carried portable hand-held computers for delivery and signed receipts for uniforms and supplies that were posted into the company's accounting system daily.
Lucent Technologies, Inc., Irwindale, California 1999-2001
Desktop Support Manager
Managed the desktop and telecommunications systems for 1,000 users of the Microelectronics Division with a staff of seven. Reviewed and approved all PC hardware, software, printers, copiers and telephones for the entire division in four locations.
- Planned and managed a project that replaced Lotus Notes e-mail with MS Outlook, including the installation of client software on all corporate PCs and the distribution of training documentation.
- Selected vendors and negotiated contracts for the replacement of outdated printers and copy machines.
- Moved more than 500 PCs and peripherals from multiple buildings to a centralized office building with less than four hours downtime to end-users.
- Developed, published and maintained company standards for PC hardware and software that met end user needs, reduced costs and simplified purchasing.
CalMat, Inc., Los Angeles, California 1998-1999
Technical Services Manager
Managed a staff of 12 local and wide area network specialists, PC analysts and data communications specialists for a construction materials company with 4,500 employees. Supported the corporate office, four regional offices and 80 remote locations.
- Planned and managed the implementation of MS Outlook as the corporate e-mail system for more than 1,300 work stations.
- Conceived and implemented a virtual private network (VPN) for all company locations, which reduced monthly long distance calls by more than $5,000 and improved the speed of communications throughout the company.
- Achieved 15%-20% cost savings on personal computer and server purchases by negotiating directly with manufacturers.
- Standardized end-user office software on MS Office products and LAN server operating systems on Windows NT, simplifying support and file sharing throughout the company.
- Implemented a centralized call tracking system to log and track all incoming help desk user calls.
Zurich Insurance, Farmers Insurance Group, Los Angeles, California 1990-1998
Distributed Systems Manager (1995-1998)
Managed a staff of 16 PC and LAN programmers and analysts supporting all PCs and LAN systems for the corporate office, four regional offices and 28 legal offices for a general services insurance company with more than $1 billion sales.
- Planned and implemented a LAN installation covering 28 legal offices throughout the USA that provided file sharing, print sharing, e-mail and calendaring.
- Planned and directed the installation of three local area networks in the corporate office serving 250 employees in the accounting, actuarial and professional liability departments.
- Work Station & LAN Engineering Manager (1990-1995)
- Managed 14 PC and LAN specialists providing the design, installation and support of a 500-user LAN that met the needs of a new application development department.
- Planned and directed the implementation of ccMail, an e-mail application, on multiple company local area networks.
- Established a help desk and support team for the PC and LAN hardware with service level protocols for end-users.
- Implemented a suite of development tools (Knowledgeware) to facilitate the creation of the company's custom insurance applications.
Lockheed Aeronautical Systems Company, Burbank, California 1982-1990
Information Systems Supervisor (1987-1990)
Information Center Supervisor (1982-1987)
Initially worked as an analyst in the Information Center and was promoted to supervisor over 13 analysts supporting end-user hardware and software on both personal and mini computers. As information systems supervisor, directed 20 programmers and analysts maintaining and enhancing the corporate financial and human resources systems.
- Developed and introduced software training classes in e-mail, spreadsheets, word processing and PC operating systems.
- Tested and certified end-user applications for a user community of 2,000 corporate staff.
- Developed standards for purchasing hardware and software applications.
- Collaborated with the Application Development and the Database Administration Departments for the introduction and utilization of new applications.
- Maintained and enhanced payroll, accounts receivable and payable, pricing, and personnel tracking applications.
- Worked closely with outside consultants in enhancing programs and selecting hardware and software.
University of La Verne, La Verne, California
Bachelor of Science, Business Administration
Los Angeles Valley College, Van Nuys, California
Associate of Arts, Business Administration
Other courses: Diversity, Time Management, Team Building, Leadership, Problem Resolution, Customer Relations, LAN-WAN Management and Microsoft Applications
Women in Technology International (WITI)
Help Desk Institute