Accomplished IT Project Manager
An accomplished information technology project manager with 20 years of progressively increasing responsibilities in programming and managing complex systems and e-commerce projects for Fortune 100 companies and Big Five accounting firm clients. Improved business processes and supported critical business goals by managing design, development, implementation and maintenance of business applications. Highly proficient in using Software Development Lifecycle methodology for large-scale projects.
Expertise includes outstanding skills in managing and implementing large-scale technical projects, application design, database design, business analysis, budgeting, project tracking, web development, vendor selection, mainframe management and setting up PC/LAN platforms. Management skills include recruitment and supervision of programming staff, performance appraisals, and coaching and mentoring.
The Walt Disney Company, Disney Shopping, Inc., DisneyAuctions.com, Glendale, California 2000-Present
Senior Project Manager - e-Commerce Engineering
Provided technology management in the successful launch of DisneyAuctions.com, a new business unit that has generated more than $75 million to date with gross margins averaging 30%. Managed the production team and processes that created and maintained the website.
- Mobilized all business, technical and marketing requirements for the design of DisneyAuctions.com.
- Managed a technical programming staff of six and two outside vendors in DisneyAuctions.com's development.
- Defined DisneyAuctions.com's business, technical and marketing requirements that were incorporated into the site's development. These included auction platform, checkout, fulfillment, customer services, inventory management, data warehousing and management reporting.
- Led the request for proposal and selection process for the hiring of outside technical vendors.
- Designed and managed the development of a Java-based web application that facilitated item-setup in a single system that interfaced the data to the inventory, checkout, and listing systems. This approach generated an annual savings of $161,000 in merchandising costs.
- Designed and managed the implementation of XML-based application programming interfaces (API) for DisneyAuctions.com.
- Created a data warehouse and reporting application that provided business intelligence for purchasing inventory and sales strategies.
KPMG Consulting, Los Angeles, California 1997-2000
Managed a large scale consulting engagement that utilized a 25-member team in a Y2K remediation project. Directed code analysis, code conversion, testing and project status reporting.
- Developed and implemented processes that analyzed, changed, tested, tracked and reported conversion activities.
- Created and implemented recruiting processes that were used to mobilize a team of 25 developers.
- Developed a mentoring program that facilitated and encouraged a strong team environment, resulting in a turnover rate of less than 1%.
- Acted as a liaison between KPMG and the client's technical teams including system programmers, database administrators, application staff and department managers.
- Created and presented process, testing and completion documentation for the client and each project team.
Systems Integration Systems, San Francisco, California 1996-1997
Project Manager, Los Angeles, California
Led an installation team of 20 technicians that installed 5,000 new workstations throughout Southern California for Pacific Bell. Oversaw and provided status reports on the entire project. Provided 1st and 2nd tier client support. Managed working relationships with hardware, software, networks, facilities and office equipment vendors.
- As Team Supervisor, provided formal project management support and mentoring.
- Managed scheduling for the delivery and installation of new PC equipment as well as the removal of replaced PCs.
- Coordinated network problems and troubleshooting with the network vendor.
- Assisted managers in 50 locations concerning the use of new equipment plus resolution of any installation issues.
Warner Bros. Studios, Burbank, California 1987-1995
Project Manager/Business Analyst/Programmer
International Television Division
Managed International TV Distributions and Product Rights Tracking Systems that were used by 50 licensing sales staff located in ten global markets, generating $365 million in revenues annually.
- Directed portfolio management, analyses, design, programming, testing, implementation and support for a media distribution sales and contract management system, covering an inventory of 10,000 titles for 200 countries in pay-for-view, pay, free cable, paid cable and home video channels.
- Created and facilitated a bi-weekly steering committee that discussed business trends and needed enhancements with the distribution sales and contract management system groups.
- Provided world-wide support for change requests, product data, availability and production issues.
Distribution Rights Tracking System
Staffed and managed the development and implementation of an Enterprise Distribution Rights Tracking System. The application was the first in-house mainframe based DBII/ CICS system at Warner Bros. Participated as a Principal in the DBII/CICS standards committee.
- Performed project feasibility studies, documented business cases and presented recommendations to the steering committee for project approval.
- Created the logical database and application design.
- Managed the project from idea inception to project completion.
- Designed and implemented an interface structure that enabled systems to query product information, availability and distribution rights from the application.
Safeco Title Insurance, Panorama City, California 1986-1987
Programmed enhancements to title company's core application that maintained all records of title administration for a NYSE title insurance company.
- Worked closely with title agents to identify and incorporate their requirements into the core system.
- Scoped, scheduled, developed, tested and implemented approved enhancements.
- Provided application support to internal business units.
Electronic Data Systems (EDS), General Motors Account, Detroit, Michigan 1984-1986
Programmed and maintained the customer complaint software for the Buick and Oldsmobile Division. Managed the customer comment database and oversaw five programmers.
- Managed a PC help desk that supported 500 users at the Oldsmobile headquarters.
- Designed and developed a "Windows-like" system that was used as a desktop tool to launch programs on PCs.
Management: Software Development Life Cycle (SLDC), Request for Proposal (RFP), vendor management, managing remote internal and contractor resources, and project management office (PMO)
PC applications: All versions - Windows, Word, Excel, Visio, Project, MS Access, PowerPoint and ABT Workbench
Web technologies: HTML/DHTML, Java Script, Java, J2EE, Oracle, TOAD, SQL, stored procedures, Inter World, Tea/Barista, KANA, WebSideStory, XML and Unix, UML
Mainframe technologies: COBOL/COBOL II, CICS, VSAM, JCL, 370 Assembler, Dly260, Dly280, IDMS, ADSA/ADSG, DBII, VSAM, IMS, Natural/Adabas, AS400 and Mozart
University of San Diego, San Diego, California
Bachelor of Administration, Concentration in Computer Science, 1984