Experienced Senior Programmer Analyst
An innovative senior business system design professional with 19 years' experience in developing applications and data processing systems. Expertise includes 11 years of experience with Visual Basic programming and Web applications. Current background includes extensive data and process modeling in SQL Server, PC and VAX/UNIX environments.
Software and Languages: Visual Basic, VB.NET, ASP, VB/Java Script, Crystal Reports, Visual InterDev, SQL2000, ODBC, HTML, Oracle, ERwin, RDB, DEC/VMS and COBOL
Aramark Uniform Services, Burbank, California 1996-2005
Senior Programmer Analyst, Information Technology
Developed, designed, coded and implemented PC applications in Visual Basic and Visual InterDev using SQL Server for a $900 million business unit of an $11 billion managed services company. Developed a structured software life cycle including analysis, design, implementation, qualification and production. Prepared proposed project plans with milestones and extensive technical documentation. Provided application support for user communities of more than 100 market centers nationwide.
- Developed a legal invoice online reporting application using VB.NET, ASP, HTML and SQL Server. Built online invoicing inquiry and track billing information processes. Created a weekly and monthly billing report system for the Legal Department.
- Developed a pricing website for Aramark products used by the Chrysler Automobile Corporation for rental services. The website employed VBScript, JarvaScript, ASP, HTML and SQL Server. Designed the application for pricing online requests and tracking e-mail visits. The site provided a simple process solution for Chrysler (FSMC) dealers in renting Aramark's products.
- Developed a direct sales application that generated weekly/monthly sales and commission reports in worksheet format that were used by every market center. The system employed VB, Excel automation, ASP, ODBC and SQL Server 2000 with a back end Oracle database. This application incorporated Visual InterDev technology, which provided automatic report distribution to 100 market center sites on regular basis.
- Developed a Print Ticket Management System (PTS) that processed and generated pick and work tickets for four distribution centers. Incorporated the Wasp printing bar code software using COM Object technology to print tickets. The system provided online requests to reprint order information from the SQL Server database.
- Developed a human resources benefits website using VBScript, ASP, HTML and an Oracle database that provided online information of benefits policies and coverage, 401(k) information, enrollments and medical providers in-house.
- Developed a Code Tape Printing System (CTS) that automated workflow and facilitated the bar code printing process, using printer networking techniques and Windows for all market centers.
- Developed a monthly reconciliation application used by the Finance Department that reformatted warehouse month-end reports into Excel spreadsheets using VB and Monarch embedded with Automation/OLE links between multiple platforms.
- Developed an Incentive Payroll System (IPS) that produced picking tickets with working coupons for distribution centers. Used COBOL to create a bar code scanning system and VB to create the user interface that incorporated different operation rates.
- Developed a price deck system that maintained pricing information for all vendor products and in-house items representing 2,000 SKUs.
- Designed an online inquiry and order system in COBOL for small orders of the company's products.
Santa Fe Pacific Pipelines, Orange, California 1990-1996
Senior System Analyst, Information Systems
Prepared project plans, schedules, specifications and all areas of development for tank management and inventory control applications for a gasoline refinery division of the Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway with $12 billion in sales. Integrated and paralleled the system with end-users, rewriting and modeling the as-built systems to match business requirements.
- Developed a sophisticated maintenance system written in Visual Basic using ODBC and SQL Server, providing an interface tool that maintained tank usage information at various locations from a centralized database.
- Developed a client/server telecommunications application that centralized scheduling traffic of different grades of gasoline passing through the Western region operating network, using VB, RDB, ACCESS and Windows NT.
- Designed a database and application for the Tank Stock Management System (TSMS) using RDB, SQL modules, COBOL and DECForms that maintained gasoline and tank inventories.
Security Pacific Automation Corporation, Los Angeles, California 1989-1990
Designed, developed and enhanced online and batch applications using COBOL and RDB in the VAX/VMS operating system for the seventh largest bank in the USA with assets of $76 billion.
Reconciled and maintained applications for the bank's balance sheet including tracer notes, audit reports and the operating loss analysis reporting system.
Installed and maintained ACMS and RDB system software products. Participated as a team member on numerous financial and banking application projects.
Provided production support including troubleshooting, user training, software demonstrations and technical assistance throughout the bank.
Barry Jewelers, Monrovia, California 1987-1989
Project Leader, Programmer/Analyst
Designed and developed business applications for the Accounting, Merchandising, Inventory Control and Credit Departments for the third largest jewelry retailer in the USA with 144 retail stores in 13 Western states. Employed COBOL in the VAX/VMS and Micro VAX operating systems.
- Developed a merchandise sales control system and maintained inventory and sales journal files. Created audit reports for management and designed sales commissions systems.
ADP, System Engineering Associates Corporation, Seal Beach, California 1986-1987
Provided manufacturing software support for inventory control, shipping and materials handling and equipment operation for a privately-held systems engineering company specializing in electronic systems integration, testing and evaluation.
- Designed and developed new functions and enhancements to systems using COBOL, BASIC and RDB for a VAX/VMS environments.
Utah State University, Logan, Utah
Master of Science, Computer Science, 1986
National Cheng Chi University, Taipei, Taiwan
Bachelor of Science, Accounting & Finance