Innovative Senior Programmer Analyst
An innovative senior programmer analyst with 20 years' experience in developing and maintaining financial applications for leading commercial and defense businesses. Expertise includes excellent skills in problem solving, technical support, training non-technical staff, creating applications and utilities, upgrading applications and analyzing user needs. Currently, in search of part-time assignments with an emphasis on COBOL.
Software and Languages: DEC/VMS, UDMS, FMS, DTR and COBOL. Familiar with SQL and Visual Basic.
Aramark Uniform Services, Burbank, California 1990-2005
Senior Programmer Analyst, Information Technology
Developed, designed and coded financial applications in COBOL for a $900 million business unit of an $11 billion managed services company. Worked with 101 market centers in maintaining route accounting systems throughout the division. Processed an average of six problem tickets a day in addition to project work.
- Automated the procedure that moved all customers in a route from one market center to another by creating a program that extracted needed data from one location to combine with another. Reduced human errors by 20% and transfer time from six hours to two hours.
- Created and maintained an off-schedule price increase to customers to cover exceptional delivery costs that netted an additional $6 million in revenues. These increases varied with respect to percentages and company products.
- Trained new employees in the company's programming standards, business practices, procedures and reporting.
- Redesigned, programmed and led a team in consolidating multiple market centers into one data structure system while maintaining market center autonomy, saving $500,000 in fixed assets and system maintenance costs.
- Maintained and enhanced the company's Productive Labor System that tracked employee productivity by job code. Interpreted management's needs and requests into the system that resulted in more useful information for planning and scheduling.
- Maintained the company's Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) preprocessor system and added modules using Visual Basic to take into account the requirements of each trading partner or customer. This reduced paperwork in the transmission of data to and from the company.
- Created a variety of sales reports for market centers that provided needed metrics on product movement, account executive performance and customer volume for management planning and sales commissions.
- Continually performed troubleshooting on financial, productivity, reporting, accounting, inventory, customer utilization and profitability applications.
- Trained more than 1,200 market center staff in using the route accounting system effectively.
Senior Programmer Analyst for Bally's Health and Tennis Corporation of America and Cubic Defense Systems
National University, San Diego, California
Bachelor of Arts, Information Systems
Oregon State University, Corvallis, Oregon
Two and one-half years
Other courses: SQL Server course at University of California, Los Angeles