Innovative Human Resources Professional
A versatile and innovative human resources professional with 18 years of progressively increasing responsibilities in human resources management for companies in the electronics, automotive, medical devices and food product industries.
A natural leader with outstanding recruitment, organizational development, compensation and benefits, change management, human resources information systems and employee relations skills.
- Trained, coached and developed a leading semi-conductor manufacturer's workforce consisting of 10,500 associates, providing the environment and skills to perform above expectations. Employee satisfaction increased by 30% and productivity by 43%.
- Removed $17 million in human resource expenses by focusing on system integration, internal processes and elimination of inefficient/nonproductive programs.
- Hired and developed 3,500 leaders and 23,400 employees using internal and external staffing resources.
- Implemented a complete installation of PeopleSoft, a human resources suite covering payroll, recruitment, benefits and training for 9,000 employees.
Ready Pac Produce, Inc., Irwindale, California 2004-Present
Director, Human Resources and Talent Acquisition
Direct human resources activities including employee relations, legal, EEO issues, organizational development and executive coaching for the nation's third largest food produce company with sales of $700 million. Managed the company's national compensation and benefits plans, recruitment, and training initiatives for more 3,500 employees. Created long-term strategies and projects concerning workforce analyses and restructuring, employee engagement surveys and reward/recognition programs.
- Reduced anticipated benefit costs by 30% ($2.5 million) while increasing associate coverage through the consolidation and redesign of benefit plans and programs.
- Cut employee relations issues by 30% through manager training and the institution of a new company-wide work ethic.
- Boosted business unit satisfaction of human resources services by 80% in the first year.
- Unified temporary employee providers under a single national vendor, reducing total labor costs by $13.9 million.
- Coached 170 management employees and senior leaders on personal development issues, conflict/negotiation and interpersonal/interaction skills.
- Paired the human resources budget by 20% while improving employee satisfaction by 23%.
- Reduced recruiting costs by 60% with savings of more than $1.5 million in one year by eliminating agency usage and introducing an automated applicant tracking system.
Tower Automotive, Inc., Grand Rapids, Michigan 2003-2004
Enterprise Leader, Colleague Growth and Development
Reporting to the senior vice president of the Human Resources Department of a publicly traded, $2.7 billion, global tier-one automotive supplier of structures, frames, and supports. Directed worldwide recruitment and corporate human resources functions with an annual budget of $3.2 million and a flexible staff of 7 to 17 professionals.
- Reduced the human resources operating budget by 35%.
- Decreased the staffing cost ratio from 17% to 8%, netting $1.3 million in bottom line savings. Reduced the time to fill positions by 50% and increased the quality of new staff by 30%. Reduced agency usage by 60%.
- Inspired colleagues to embrace a "Race to Win" philosophy of performance.
- Enhanced new hire job satisfaction by 34% and eased short term turnover by 15%.
Intersil Corporation, Melbourne, Florida 1999-2003
Director, Global Talent Acquisition and EEO Officer
Reported to the global vice president of human resources of a publicly traded, $800 million semi-conductor wireless/analog solutions leader. Created a worldwide recruiting department for seven national and nine international facilities. Identified, hired and directed HR teams in Asia and Europe.
- Designed and implemented award winning recruiting initiatives. Employed referral, lead generation and marketing strategies to hire 970 key engineers, designers, managers and executives.
- Developed creative partnerships with company business units, managers and employees to increase morale by 45%.
- Created and implemented organizational development initiatives to enhance management effectiveness. Introduced and educated managers in areas of behavioral interviewing, competency based job profile/analysis and succession planning, which reduced key hire turnover to 9%.
- Designed and executed corporate reduction in force, resulting in no litigation.
- Developed compensation programs in alignment with corporate reward systems.
- Reduced recruiting costs by 25% and improved the quality of hire by 70%.
Johnson & Johnson, Miami, Florida 1998-1999
Global Director, Talent Acquisition and Affirmative Action
Established a world-class talent acquisition team for the $1 billion cardio-vascular medical device acquisition known as Cordis, Inc. Directed all corporate affirmative action programs while acting as the corporate EEO officer. Guided a global technical and executive recruitment team.
- Designed and implemented an internal recruiting function and reduced external agency costs by $1.2 million.
- Hired the Netherlands human resources team and implemented a global policy and procedure handbook for employees. Employee relations issues declined by 25%
- Created and implemented a corporate image for employees in order to unify morale and increase the quality of new hires.
Sensormatic Electronics, Boca Raton, Florida 1993 - 1998
Manager, Human Resources Programs/Diversity
Directed a high volume global recruitment team and designed human resources programs for the publicly traded, $1 billion manufacturer of electronic retail security, CCTV and access systems, while serving as an HR Generalist for the Video Products Division. Provided employee relations, compensation, training, productivity and workforce management. Collaborated with OFCCP officers to create and mandate corporate hiring policies and guidelines promoting diversity initiatives.
- Designed and implemented a national diversity recruiting program. The company's diversity applicants increased by 70% and new hire diversity improved by 25%.
- Established a workforce analysis process which enhanced employee performance metrics by 40% and increased the quality of new hires by 60%.
- Designed and created an international recruiting strategy for production employees in Ireland and Mexico. Turnover rate declined by 28%.
- Created a military recruiting program to fill over 340 technician openings throughout the United States.
- Developed a comprehensive focused behavioral interviewing training program for managers. More than 275 managers were trained in nine months.
- Reduced recruiting costs by 45%.
Regis University, Tampa, Florida
Master of Business Administration, Ph.D. (financed own education)
Florida International University, Miami, Florida
Bachelor of Fine Arts, Theater Directing/Management (financed own education)
Certified Instructor in Behavioral Assessments, Workforce Ethics, Employment Law and Management Skills.
Certified to administer and interpret Meyers Briggs Type Indicator, Herman Brain Dominance Instrument, Thomas Kilman Instrument (Conflict Resolution), and FIRO-B, as well as other performance and development tools.