Experienced Financial & Business Planner
A versatile financial and business planner with 12 years of progressively increasing responsibilities in providing budgeting, strategic planning, analysis, research, business reviews, contract negotiation and licensing for a Fortune 100 company and a major accounting firm. Participated in decision-making processes concerning new product launches and business opportunities. Provided financial input and commentary for presentations to corporate senior management.
Expertise includes outstanding planning, market analysis, business evaluation, financial modeling, leadership, process improvement and presentation skills.
The Walt Disney Company, Consumer Products Division, Glendale, California 1997-2007
Director, Finance & Business Planning, Food, Health & Beauty Business Unit (2005-2007)
Provided the annual business plan, five-year strategic plan, forecasts and assessments for the food, health and beauty business with $6 billion in annual wholesale sales for the world's largest licensor. Made continuous presentations to senior management on key business indicators. Acted as lead financial contact for the business unit.
- Directed a global and regional team of six financial analysts in North America, Asia, Europe and Latin America. Worked on-site at each location to create budgets and business plans.
- Researched and evaluated new business opportunities for developing new product lines and selecting licensing partners.
- Led a cross-functional international team in assessing the viability of a Disney-branded organic food products licensing model.
- Evaluated licensing performance and aided Category Managers in managing product line offerings. Reviewed business plans with more than 100 licensees.
- Assisted Category Managers in the negotiation of key licensing agreements and reviewed deals to ensure that all financial requirements were met prior to contract signature.
- Mentored and coached three financial professionals located in the U.S. and Europe.
Senior Manager, Finance, Disney Interactive Studios (1999-2005)
In addition to preparing the annual business plan, five-year strategic plan, forecasts and assessments, provided reports on financial revenues, operating expenses, balance sheet and cash flow for a $185 million business unit producing Disney interactive games. Managed a team of financial analysts in North America, Europe and Japan. Acted as lead financial contact for the business unit.
- Led a cross-functional team that researched and evaluated alternative distribution models in Europe and Mexico, resulting in a business model change from license to vertical in the U.K., France and Germany.
- Created market research reports on sales in the video game business, including hardware and software that supported future expansion of product offerings. This included pro forma P&L statements for future products and acquisitions.
- Wrote and delivered presentations to senior management concerning financial results, forecasts and annual planning.
- Developed models that efficiently tracked marketing and product development expenses, ensuring financial targets were met.
- Mentored and developed five financial support staff located in the U.S., Japan and Europe.
Senior Financial Analyst, Consumer Products Division, Corporate Office (1997-1999)
Consolidated the global Consumer Products Division operating plan and monthly forecasts. Summarized data and prepared monthly financial reports, including business performance, trends, variance analyses and commentary for six lines of business, representing $1.5 billion in revenues.
Supported the Global CFO in preparation of financial reports and analyses of all business units.
Participated on a financial team that prepared the annual operating plan for presentation to corporate senior management.
Created financial models that streamlined the submission and consolidation processes from business units, saving $132,000 annually.
Participated in creating the annual operating plan for the entire Latin American region.
Deloitte & Touche, Los Angeles, California 1995-1997
Consultant, Healthcare (1996-1997)
Financial Analyst (part-time while pursuing an MBA) (1995-1996)
Began financial career as a part-time Financial Analyst for a public accounting firm doing special projects for a senior partner. As Consultant for the Healthcare Division, analyzed and negotiated insurance carrier renewals for large clients, including Hughes Electronics, Infonet and the University of California.
- Reviewed and evaluated requests for proposals and made recommendations to clients.
- Developed financial models that were used to create the Employee Benefits Consulting Group's annual budget.
- Managed performance vs. the annual plan and reviewed monthly financials to ensure accuracy. Drafted reports summarizing findings and recommendations.
The Seeley Company, Encino, California 1993-1995
Commercial Real Estate Broker
Established a property database of available industrial buildings for lease or sale in the San Fernando Valley for a commercial real estate brokerage firm dealing in office and industrial properties.
- Worked with property owners in preparing buildings for sale or lease. Prepared necessary collateral in support of each project.
- Assisted business owners in searching for new properties for lease or purchase. This entailed negotiating deal terms, including price or lease terms. Supported buyers through escrow, lending and occupancy.
Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, California
Master of Business Administration, 1997
Bachelor of Business Administration, 1993
Real Estate Broker, California, 1993