A versatile mechanical engineer with outstanding machine design, engineering research, production management and administrative skills who has worked in manufacturing, processing, engineering, drafting and structural steel industries.
A talented manager who has excellent analytical, problem-solving, engineering, drafting and communication skills. Able to handle a large variety of engineering problems in fundamental design and finished products.
SPEC Services, Inc., Fountain Valley, California 2006-2007
CAD Electrical & Civil Engineering Designer
Designed power and control lines, civil structures, and foundations for pumps, motors, electrical control and sensing devices, and conduits for an engineering, planning, surveying and project management company. Key customers included Kinder Morgan Oil Company, Valero Oil Company and Conoco-Phillips Oil Company.
- Worked closely with 25 engineers in creating mechanical, electrical and civil drawings of petrochemical plants.
- Corrected drawings created by other draftsman that were not properly layered and produced.
- Introduced new drawing techniques that sped up the drawing process throughout the company.
NBCE, Inc., Costa Mesa, California 2005-2006
CAD Civil Engineering Designer
Drafted street, water, sewage improvement and precise grading plans for an engineering, planning, surveying and project management company. Key customers were school districts.
- Trained a new CAD Draftsman in all aspects of AutoCAD and drawing production.
- Added screening techniques that enhanced drawings aesthetically and highlighted specific aspects of each project.
MDS Consulting, Inc., Irvine, California 2002-2004
CAD Civil Engineering Designer
Performed precise grading calculations for a civil engineering, planning and surveying company. Drafted AutoCAD street, water, sewage improvement and precise grading plans. Edited scanned drawings using Photoshop and inserted these documents into AutoCAD drawings.
- Learned special drafting techniques using AutoCAD and created macros that sped up the calculation process.
H. H. Hirsch & Associates, Garden Grove, California 2002
CAD Mechanical Engineering Designer
Performed calculations and established specifications of heating, ventilation and air conditioning units and accessories, ducting sizes, and air grill layouts for a mechanical, electrical and plumbing design firm. Prepared AutoCAD electrical and mechanical drawings. Developed quantity calculations and cost estimates.
Triple Peak Production, Inc., North Hollywood, California 1999-2002
Unit Production Manager
Worked on two film productions managing the entire filming operations. Coordinated with all department heads to ensure they ran on schedule and within budget for an independent film production company.
L. T. Steel, Inc., Pasig City, The Philippines 1995-1999
Managed all operations, including fabrication, administration, personnel, quality control, scheduling and delivery, for a manufacturer of structural steel products with 30 large construction and engineering customers.
- Saved more than $2 million annually through improved stockpiling of inventory.
- Improved worker productivity through better training, communications and motivation.
ANCRA Philippines, Cavite Export Processing Zone, Rosario Cavite, The Philippines 1994-1995
Managed a Japanese subsidiary manufacturing company producing nylon belt cargo tie-downs. Oversaw administration and production activities. Initially trained for six months in Japan on all aspects of company operations and successfully completed the company's expansion into The Philippines.
- Received special commendation by the Japanese home office on the successful launch of its Philippine expansion.
Served as Project Manager for the construction of a new limestone processing plant. Acted as Plant Engineer for the design of manufacturing facilities. Worked as Plant Superintendent for a large marble quarrying and tile/slab processing plant.
University of the Philippines, Quezon City, The Philippines
Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering
West Valley Occupational Center, Canoga Park, California
Certificate in Basic and Advance Courses AutoCAD
Other Courses: Seminars in Preventative Maintenance and Warehousing (National Engineering Center)