Document Control Professional
A versatile document control professional with 14 years of progressively increasing responsibilities in managing, drafting, updating and controlling documents for leading manufacturers of electro-mechanical equipment with more than 500,000 SKUs.
Expertise includes outstanding drafting, reproduction, cataloging, indexing, training, scheduling, MRP software, inventory control, writing, assembly and interpersonal relations skills.
Zebra Technologies, Inc., (Eltron International Corporation), Camarillo, California 1994-2006
Engineering Information System Analyst (2002-2006)
Administered the company's Intralink system that provided engineering drawings, specifications, change orders, designs and manufacturing guidelines that were made available to three manufacturing plants covering the U.S.A. for a security card and bar coding printing company with $720 million in revenues.
- Created bills of materials and documentation for more than 100 models of the company's line of printers.
- Linked all part drawings for the company's printers into a new MRP (Bann) database management system.
- Updated and recreated numerous procedures and instructions for manufacturing for more than 100 printer models.
- Created a new part numbering system that eliminated part numbering duplication.
- Updated 15 changed drawings per month following engineering change orders and notations.
- Initiated 15 engineering change orders per month based on availability of parts and changes on specifications/materials and vendors.
- Led classes on how to write engineering change orders and trained more than 35 engineers.
- Presented a training program in SharePoint, an inter-company web page, sharing all engineering changes including drawings, procedures and technical notes.
- Backed up, filed and copied all engineering change orders and manufacturing instructions on CDs.
Document Control Manager, Eltron International Corporation, Simi Valley, California (1994-2002)
Initially joined Eltron International Corporation which was acquired by Zebra Technologies in 2001. Managed all documentation including parts lists, user manuals, manufacturing worksheets, engineering change orders, specifications, engineering drawings, repair instructions and bills of materials for more than 10,000 SKUs in support of $90 million in sales.
- Organized the company's first Document Control Department including procedures, instructions, filing equipment, signature approvals, change order approvals and engineering changes.
- Created the company's part and component numbering system.
- Installed the Fourth Shift MRP system for maintenance and accessibility of parts for manufacturing.
- Assisted in the company's successful application for ISO 9000 certification.
- Taught engineers how to write engineering change orders to include all needed information.
- Became the Intralink administrator for the company, ensuring all engineering drawings were online and easily accessible.
- Created another online Intralink database of company wide documents, drawings and procedures. In addition, helped create documentation procedures required by ISO 9000.
WangTek Technologies, Inc., Simi Valley, California 1990-1994
Document Control Supervisor (1992-1994)
Supervised the Document Control Department including four data information processors who were updating engineering change orders at the rate of 20 per day for a manufacturer of computer backup tape systems with revenues of $250 million.
- Took over a department that had a backlog of 2,000 unimplemented engineering change orders and brought it up-to-date in less than one year.
- Performed mechanical drafting for new and old parts as well as assemblies.
Mechanical Drafter, Engineering Department (1990-1992)
Updated old parts and drafted new components and assemblies. Wrote manufacturing instructions and engineering change order information into Word documents.
- Organized and maintained CAD system drawings for easy accessibility by company engineers.
Convention Seminar Cassettes, Simi Valley, California 1980-1990
Scheduled and recorded more than 4,000 master recordings for a privately held recording studio. Edited tape masters and reproduced 2 million cassettes for attorneys, medical doctors, motivational speakers, insurance agents, church groups and other professionals. Created and applied labeling for all cassettes. Packed and transported on-site equipment for convention recordings and special events.
California State University, Northridge, Northridge, California
Bachelor of Science, 1980
Pierce College, Woodland Hills, California
Two years of general academic courses
Other Courses: Document Control Management, CAD Software, AutoCad Software, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Drafting Courses and Pro-E Courses in CAD PC drafting
Languages: English & Greek
Citizenship: American, naturalized in 1977