Multi-Talented Electronics Technician
A multi-talented electronics technician with more than 10 years' experience in production and engineering environments for leading specialty industrial manufacturers serving business-to-business applications.
||Constructing and troubleshooting electronic circuits, PC board assemblies and soldering. Expert in the use of test equipment (oscilloscopes, function generators, frequency counters, digital and analog multimeters).
||MS-DOS, Windows XP, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000 Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, Visual Basic 6.0, and OrCad Capture. Skilled in setting up and troubleshooting Windows-based networks.
- Scheduled and organized the testing of high-security card printers that are compliant with Reduction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) guidelines.
- Participated in training a production line in California for the assembly and calibration of the manufacture of high-security card printers.
- Organized and implemented product testing for the company's manufacturing operations in California and Rhode Island.
- Participated on a team that upgraded printers in the field, including 294 printers in Wisconsin and 250 printers in Ohio. Testing was completed two weeks ahead of schedule, saving $56,000.
- Wrote detailed test plans, verifying all functions of the high-security card printer line.
- Designed, constructed, set up and implemented test fixtures for life testing mechanical and electrical parts of finished assemblies.
- Reduced customer repair turnaround time from five to three days.
- Provided new employees with techniques for printer troubleshooting, which saved up to two hours per printer in inspection costs.
Zebra Technologies, Warwick, Rhode Island 2001-2007
Electronic Technician, Card Printer Engineering Department (2004-2007)
Served as an Engineering Technician for the manufacture of new printer prototypes for the largest specialty label printing company serving the automotive, pharmaceutical, postal, medical, financial, retail distribution, warehousing, defense, transportation and shipping industries with sales of more than $700 million. Tested the reliability of existing printers and conducted research and development for a new generation of printers.
Electronic Technician, Customer Service Department (2001-2004)
Managed the inspection and repair of returned printers (150 units per week). Interfaced with the Engineering Department, ensuring quick resolution of customer issues.
Design Components Inc., Franklin, Massachusetts 1997-2001
Electronic Technician, Automated Dispensing Systems Department
Tested new boards from vendors, constructed and tested prototype circuits, and resolved prototype issues for a manufacturer of dispensing systems used in medical, automotive, consumer products and industrial applications.
New England Institute of Technology, Warwick, Rhode Island
Associate Degree in Electronic Technology, 1997