Customer Relations Manager
An award-winning customer service professional who has directed more than $602 million in sales, turned around marginal businesses and developed new markets for Fortune 500 companies with national sales of more than $15 billion.
Expertise includes outstanding sales, customer service and relations, recruitment and training, staff development, and P&L skills.
Aramark Corporation, Aramark Uniform Services, Burbank, California 2005-2006
Regional Fleet Manager/South, Dallas, Texas
Managed 19 fleet truck maintenance sites with a total of more than 850 trucks and 200 automobiles located at company market centers in Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Tennessee, Texas and Oklahoma for a $1.2 billion apparel rental services subsidiary of a $10 billion business-to-business services company.
- Managed the process for compliance with a Department of Transportation safety and maintenance audit for the entire region with a "satisfactory" rating without mention.
- Managed a budget of $10 million and completed FY2006 under budget with all projects and maintenance fulfilled.
- Processed more than 100 vehicle repair claims and saved $50,000 on expenses.
- Negotiated 25 contracts for full-service leases with major national leasing companies throughout the region.
Motor Coach Industries, Inc., Schaumburg, Illinois 2003
Vice President /General Manager, Dallas, Texas
Managed the Dallas facility for the largest manufacturer of high-floor buses for the tour, charter and fixed-route coach operators in the United States and Canada with total company annual sales of $800 million.
- Purchased and distributed parts, and oversaw mechanical repairs for operators of local and regional bus fleets with a team of 25.
- Promoted to Vice President and implemented a reorganization that enhanced the delivery of technical support and repairs.
- Managed the parts sales team covering the United States, Canada and selected overseas markets with sales of $50 million annually.
Ryder System, Inc., Ryder Fleet Management Solutions, Miami, Florida 1985-2002
General Manager, Dallas, Texas (1997-2002)
Managed a customer service business unit providing full-service leasing, rentals and logistics services for the largest truck leasing company in the nation with revenues of $5 billion annually. Directed a staff of 200 service, administrative, sales and rental associates serving the greater Dallas area.
- Grew operations from $20 million in sales to $35 million in four years.
- Led the six-state Southwest region into profitability in 1998 and 1999.
- Received the "Presidential Award" for profit against plan and profit improvement in 2000.
- Mentored five key employees that were recognized as "Ryder Roundtable - Rental Masters" for achieving top performance in sales and rentals company-wide.
- Instrumental in the startup of a $10 million dedicated contract carriage business. This business significantly expanded the company's management and driver infrastructure in Dallas while increasing its customer logistics know-how.
District Manager, King of Prussia, Pennsylvania (1992-1997)
Directed a regional business unit with 300 associates, $41 million in revenues, and branches in Pennsylvania, New York, Delaware and Maryland. Operations included a collision repair and overhaul facility with 100 skilled mechanics to support Ryder's New England and Mid-Atlantic operations.
- Turned around the company's worst performing district into a $3 million profit unit.
- Mentored four key associates that were promoted to national sales positions.
District Manager, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma (1985-1992)
Managed the Oklahoma district with 100 associates and seven branches throughout the state.
- Ranked in the company's top 20 districts out of a field of 100 for five consecutive years.
- Managed the district's merger with the Tulsa District in 1989, retaining all key associates and accounts for both districts.
- Generated more than $500,000 annually through the sale of obsolete equipment.
- Mentored four key staff members to higher positions at corporate level, fostering diversity while improving the management team.
Held various managerial sales positions for a leading vehicle leasing company with assignments in five locations throughout the South.
U.S. Army, First Lieutenant, Transportation Corps, Ft. Huachuca, Arizona
University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, Arkansas
Bachelor of Arts