Versatile Customer Service Manager
A versatile customer service professional with more than 20 years of progressively increasing responsibilities emphasizing customer relations, team building, process improvement and procedure development. Successfully filled highly responsible positions that required a wide scope of resources in addition to detail.
Expertise includes outstanding skills in sales management, customer relationships, training, project coordination, problem resolution, business development and office management.
Accraply, Inc., Ontario, California 1997-2006
Customer Service Manager (2004-2006)
Customer Service Manager, IMPAXX Machine Systems, Trine Labeling Systems, acquired by Accraply, Inc. in 2004, Fullerton, California (1999-2004)
Contract Sales Manager, Trine Labeling Systems, Turlock, California (1997-1999)
Managed the Aftermarket Sales Department for an OEM labeling machine manufacturer with $35 million in sales. Subsequently, took over management of a new department focusing on rebuilding, converting and upgrading labeling equipment for major bottling and consumer products companies.
- Revitalized a stagnant customer base, resulting in sales of $13 million for the first two years with 45% of sales going to Latin America, Middle East, Australia and Asia. Implemented customer focused incentive plans.
- Provided leadership, direction and support to internal and field sales personnel by maintaining an informed and customer-oriented staff, resulting in processes that improved turnaround times.
- Responsible for establishing sales forecasts and analyzing margins for all aspects of the business. Established pricing on replacement parts and rebuilt machines.
- Held project management responsibility for a research and development team, including schedule maintenance and monitoring, resource planning, on-site trials and facilitation of meetings.
- Maintained an on-time delivery rate of 90+%.
- Developed a catalog of services, upgrades and rebuilt labeling machines that were sold to major customers.
Delicato Vineyards, Manteca, California 1992-1997
Customer Service Manager
Managed the inside sales staff for a wholesale cases goods business through worldwide distributor channels for a privately owned wine producer with $65 million in annual sales.
- Participated in a company-wide quality improvement process, resulting in a reorganization of internal operations. This saved more than $200,000 in management and labor costs by restructuring sales and marketing operations and streamlining workflow at offsite facilities.
- Increased order processing productivity, improving order-to-ship time by 20%.
- Improved inquiry response time from days to hours, providing more detailed information about shipments, deliveries and product availability.
- Saved $30,000 annually by decreasing inventories of aged/dated products.
- Managed wine reserves for high profile clients, assuring product availability throughout the year.
San Joaquin County Office of Education, Stockton, California 1992
Coordinated a special educational discount program with Apple Computer, Microsoft and other software companies for staff and students for 40 schools. Purchases the first year were $750,000.
- Converted an office with 100 staff from a PC to an Apple/Macintosh environment.
- Presented classes in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail and network protocols.
Microsoft Corporation, Foster City, California 1987-1992
Sales Manager, Education Accounts (1989-1992)
Administered the introduction and standardization of Microsoft products in educational facilities, elementary through university levels, in Northern California and Nevada.
- Led a team of sales representatives managing the sales and support efforts. Implemented standardization of products in more than 70% of accounts.
- Presented at trade shows and for university audiences.
Area Sales Representative, Sacramento, California (1987-1989)
Worked exclusively with Macintosh applications in sales to corporations, retail stores and government accounts.
- Managed more than 40 retail accounts and increased sales by 60%.
- Made presentations to user groups in Northern California. Participated in trade shows and product demonstrations.
Inacomp Computer Center, Sacramento, California 1986
Trained corporate and individual customers in using Apple products on-site and in-store for a major computer retailer. Trained inside sales staff on hardware and software use as part of Apple's educational program.
Office Manager for a state and federal lobbyist.
California State University, Chico, Chico, California
Bachelor of Arts, Psychology, Cum Laude
Member, Psi Chi, National Honor Society
Member, Phi Kappa Phi, National Honor Society
Other courses: Customer Service Excellence, Qualify Improvement Process, Manufacturing Management, Leadership Development, Guiding Principles of Leadership, Sexual Harassment Awareness, Team Building & Conflict Resolution, Presentation Skill Building and MS Sales Training
Educational Leadership Award, Microsoft Corporation