Senior Oracle Database Administrator/IT Manager
A versatile Senior Oracle Database Administrator/IT Manager, who has created, managed and maintained sophisticated databases and business applications systems of up to 1.8 terabytes serving service, aerospace, digital imaging, distribution and warehousing industries. Supervised 13 full-time and part-time programmers, database administrators, database analysts and database architects. Worked with a large variety of vendors for software and hardware needs.
Expertise includes outstanding hands-on skills in Oracle E-Business Suites, programming, database management, communications with non-technical management, and selection and direction of technical consultants.
Languages: English, Bengali, Hindi and Urdu
SOFTWARE AND TOOLS
Oracle Financials 11i (releases 11.5.1 - 11.5.9), Oracle Developer 2000, Oracle Forms, Oracle SQL/PLSql, SQR, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Visual Basic, MS Access, FoxPro, VBScript, MS Office, Thoroughbred Basic, Cyborg Scripting Language, Dbase IV, Assembler, Fortran 77, Cobol 88, Cognos OLAP tools, Impromptu Report Writer, ERWin, Emacs, VI, Awk, Korn Shell, Bourne Shell, ODBC and MS Project
ORACLE 7.3 - 9.0.4 (9i)
- Oracle Architecture and Administration
- Oracle Performance Tuning
- Oracle Database Backup and Recovery
- Oracle Network Administration
Other Databases: SQL Server 2000, MS Access 97/2000 database development and maintenance, Cyborg ST 4.0 HR/Benefits System, Costpoint Financials System and Fast Encore asset management system
OPERATING SYSTEMS AND NETWORK
HP-UX 11.0, Sun Solaris 2.6, Open Windows 2.4, Windows, Novell System Administration and TCP/IP
Aramark Uniform Services, Burbank, California 2000-2005
Senior Database Administrator, DBA Manager - Oracle Financials and Data Warehouse
Managed the database warehouse and its administration for the second largest uniform apparel services company in the world with revenues of $1.4 billion. Supervised seven database administrators using Oracle Enterprise Business Suites, Oracle Relational Databases (RDB) and SQL Server databases. Sizes of these databases were up to 1.8 terabytes and provided all information. These databases covered every aspect of the Uniform Division's financial activities from human resources to marketing and sales.
- Assumed full management of the database group, including building project plans, assigning and monitoring tasks, and completing annual reviews for the database employees.
- Recommended a strategic and project critical decision that added a dedicated resource to the Oracle project team, which ensured the success of the project.
- Developed collaborative implementation plans with Norwell staff, Network, PC Help Desk and Change Management groups for the Aramark Uniform Services (AUS) Oracle Financials Production System.
- Developed a transition plan for migrating the Route Accounting System3 (RAS) on 173 RDB databases from Hewlett Packard to in-house support.
- Interviewed and recommended hiring a new Data Warehouse Database Administrator, a move which provided AUS with $60,000 savings in FY03.
- Assisted with the development and implementation of the SCORE and LEAPS data systems.
- Developed the database administration project plan for Oracle Financials production implementation.
- Successfully migrated the Wearguard Financials system to AUS.
- Completed the successful implementation to production of the Oracle Financials 11i system.
- Developed the Oracle Financials Upgrade Project Plan.
- Administered, refreshed, cloned, applied patches and upgraded releases to Oracle Financials 11i on an HP-UX operating system.
- Administered an Oracle Data Warehouse with 1.4 terabytes of data.
- Performed day-to-day operational support of seven Oracle databases, ensuring data integrity, database availability and performance with zero unscheduled downtime for the last five years.
- Assisted senior management with selection of new software products for database management including a data archival system (Outerbay), a reporting system (Applimations) and a reporting publishing system (Quest Vista Plus). This included concept, definitions, scheduling, design and installation.
- Established new IT security policies and procedures in conjunction with the company's auditors that complied with Sarbanes-Oxley laws.
- Led a weekly meeting with seven database administrators dealing with day-to-day maintenance issues, updates, software revisions, requests by other company departments and professional issues.
- Increased productivity and quality of the department's workload through continued mentoring and development of the department's staff.
- Devised and implemented the corporate database system's disaster and recovery policies and procedures. Participated actively in the successful test of the disaster recovery program in the New York IBM Disaster Recovery Center.
- Successfully executed the following major projects: Migration from the Legacy Financial System to the Oracle E-Business Suite, release 11.5.1 and subsequently made upgrades to Oracle E-Business Suite from releases 11.5.1, 11.5.3, 11.5.5, 11.5.7 and 11.5.9; and migration of the Oracle data warehouse (1.2 TB) on Alpha/NT to the Microsoft Sequel Server 2000 platform.
Sparta Inc., Laguna Hills, California 1995-2000
MIS Manager (1997-2000)
Oracle Database Administrator & System Analyst (1996-1997)
System Analyst (1995-1996)
As the Oracle Database Administrator and System Analyst, designed, developed, implemented and maintained in-house corporate application systems and the company's data warehouse for an aerospace engineering contractor with $170 million in revenues for the Department of Defense. Subsequently, performed corporate MIS projects that supported in-house Accounting, HR/Benefits, Payroll, Purchasing and Procurement, Contract and Proposal Systems in multi-server, Unix/Novell/Windows environments. Recipient of the Pride in Excellence Award for outstanding contributions. Reported to the Chief Financial Officer. Supervised the technical development and implementation of MIS application software, hardware and networking.
- Evaluated and ordered hardware, software and networking equipment that kept the MIS operations up-to-date.
- Designed, developed, implemented and tested client/server programs for business software applications and reporting systems using various databases on multiple platforms.
- Analyzed business requirements and selected appropriate software from Oracle Developer/2000, Oracle Forms 4.5, SQL/PLSql, MS Access, VBscript and Foxbase applications to develop business solutions.
- Designed a reporting system for data analysis, data drilling and data mining using Cognos OLAP tools.
- Performed Oracle Database Administration including installation of Oracle databases and development tools, backup and recovery, performance tuning, creation and monitoring user tables, indexes, constraints and views using Oracle tools on a Sun/Unix platform.
Compex Information Systems, Inc., El Segundo, California 1993-1995
Designed, developed and maintained various database systems in MS Access and FoxBase, automating in-house accounting, marketing, sales, customer service and shipping departments for a digital imaging company with 17 locations nationwide.
As a System Analyst for a heart clinic and medical equipment distributor, performed extensive program design, coding, testing and enhancement of an inventory and distribution tracking system working with dBase III plus and COBOL ASSEMBLER, CICS on an IBM mainframe. Taught design, code and debugging programs in COBOL. Tutored Lotus 123, dBase III plus, MS DOS and WordPerfect on PCs.
|Pacific State University, Los Angeles, California
Bachelor of Science, Electronics Engineering, 1988
|University of Houston, Houston, Texas
Freshman and sophomore college years in Engineering
|Computer Learning Center, Los Angeles, California
Certificate, System Analyst, Honors, 1991
ADDITIONAL TECHNICAL EDUCATION
|Cyborg Education Center, Chicago, Illinois
Certificate, CYBORG HR/Benefits System, 1999
|New Horizon, Irvine, California
Certificate, MS Access 97, 1998
|Costpoint Center, San Jose, California
Certificate, Costpoint Financial System Administration, 1997
|Courses: Database design with ERWin, TCP/IP, UNIX Administration, Accounting I and II, and Novell Network Administration
Oracle DBA, Oracle University, Irvine, California, 2000
| Oracle SQL/PLSQL
|| Oracle Database Backup and Recovery
| Oracle Architecture and Administration
|| Oracle Network Administration
| Oracle Performance Tuning
Oracle Financials System, Oracle University, Irvine, California, 2000
Oracle Financial Functional Foundation, Release 11
Installing and Maintaining Oracle Applications, Release 11
Oracle Application System Administration, Release 11