Dedicated Banking Operations Executive
A dedicated banking operations professional with 16 years of progressively increasing responsibilities in branch and private banking groups servicing up to 2,200 accounts. The client base consisted of high net worth individuals, special service firms and medium businesses with revenues ranging from $1 million up to $150 million. Experience includes hands-on familiarity with every process in back-office banking as well as resolving issues with VIP clients daily.
Expertise includes outstanding skills in regulatory compliance, adherence to privacy and confidentiality policies, training, operations and customer relations.
First Regional Bank Corporation, Los Angeles, California 2007-2008
Vice President – Operations
Recruited to assist in the creation of a private banking platform of services for a $2 billion, public financial institution with ten branch offices located in Ventura, Los Angeles and Orange counties.
- Assisted in the performance of gap analysis to determine what product offerings were required to support private banking clients. Gap analysis results revealed the need for mortgage and brokerage services, marketing materials, advertising, and ATM fee waivers in lieu of having ATM locations.
- Participated in conducting a survey of potential private banking clients to ascertain what services are necessary to transition banking relationships.
- Provided operational support to the Los Angeles headquarters, which included daily report monitoring, transfers, wires, cash orders, research, resolution and telephone coverage.
- Assisted in new account processing by collecting necessary information according to the Client Identification Program requirements, organizing appropriate legal documentation based on account structure and file preparation.
City National Bank, Los Angeles, California 1995-2007
Vice President – Personal Banking Officer – Supervisor (2006-2007)
Assistant Vice President/Senior Personal Banking Officer (2000-2006)
Supervised the operations team in the Los Angeles Private Banking Department consisting of three personal banking officers, while providing a high level of service to assigned clients for a $15.9 billion public financial institution with offices located in California, Nevada and New York.
- Provided exceptional client service to more than 800 accounts with routine transactional activities as well as portfolio investments.
- Consistently received good audit ratings in all bank regulatory compliance audits.
- Managed daily deposit account activities, which included approval of daily overdrafts, uncollected funds, large item and high-risk assessment reports.
- Identified and escalated exception conditions to management.
- Delegated and assigned personal banking officers to relationship teams based on experience, availability, client needs and number of relationships.
- Trained, mentored, and provided general direction and guidance for personal banking officers and administrative staff. Conducted annual reviews of personal banking officers.
- Provided monthly reporting for general ledger review, compliance tracking, training and status codes.
- Ensured that the department was in compliance with all City National Bank policies and procedures as well as applicable regulations.
- Assisted in processing new accounts and offering banking products with related fees.
- Participated in cross sales and new business development activities.
- Liaised with branches and back-office departments resolving service related issues.
- Resolved client problems promptly, which contributed significantly to client retention.
Administrative Specialist (1997-2000)
Provided administrative services to the Private Banking Department supporting four Relationship Managers servicing more than 500 accounts.
- Processed monthly reports, correspondence, weekly calendars and expense reports; answered telephones; purchased supplies; planned events; made travel arrangements; and provided payroll support.
- Assisted clients in day-to-day transactions, including deposits, transfers, loan requests, wires, stop payments, research, adjustments and account inquiries.
Business Development Administrative Specialist (1997)
Assisted three business development officers in establishing a referral source network that was used to create prospect lists. Pre-screened and cold called bank prospects. Maintained prospect data in ACT I, Goldmine and Gemini software programs.
Senior Banking Services Representative (1995-1997)
Interviewed new account clients to determine banking needs. Facilitated the opening and closing accounts process. Cross-sold bank products and services to new and existing clients. Reviewed and maintained client files with proper legal documentation. Interacted effectively with customers and all levels of bank personnel.
Manufacturers Bank, Beverly Hills, California 1992-1995
New Account Representative
Provided customer service support as a Teller and Vault Teller in the safe deposit area. Facilitated client requests in opening new accounts, including money markets, checking, savings and certificates of deposits accounts. Scanned signatures, set up new ATM cards and resolved client disputes.
- Received cross-training in branch functions. Consistently met and/or exceeded the bank’s assigned sales goals.
California State University, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
General Education courses, one year credits
Los Angeles Southwest College, Los Angeles, California
Evening courses in Mathematics and English
City National Bank Training Courses, Los Angeles, California
Completed operational, compliance, new account and customer service courses.
University of California, Los Angeles, Extension Program, Los Angeles, California
Principals of Accounting, a six-month course
Other courses: Customer Relations, New Account Processing, Sales Skills, Legal Aspects of New Accounts, Accounting, Understanding Financial Statements, Tax Analysis, Risk & Relationship Management, Credit Essentials, Cash Management, Public Speaking, Leadership and Mentoring
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Word & Excel, Metavente, Reports 2000, Click, Goldmine, Jack Henry and Gemini
Notary, National Notary Association Certification, since 1998
Member, National Notary Association
CITY NATIONAL BANK AWARDS
Los Angeles Metro Outstanding Service Award
Highest Number of Cash Management Sales in Private Banking
Customer 1st Award – City National Bank, Pershing Square Branch
Perfect Mystery Shopping Award
Certificate of Accommodation – Idea Line Program
Several Client Accommodation Awards