Dedicated Business Analyst
A versatile and dedicated business analyst with seven years of progressively increasing responsibilities for seven outlet stores of the world's largest entertainment company.
Expertise includes outstanding inventory controls, payroll, purchasing, administrative, software and customer service skills.
The Walt Disney Company, Disney Catalog Outlets, Jonesville, South Carolina 1998-2005
Business Analyst (2001-2005)
Maintained sales, cost and gross margin verses budget for seven outlet stores in San Marcos, Texas, Branson, Missouri, Foley, Alabama, Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, Rehoboth, Delaware, Potomac, Virginia and Jonesville, South Carolina.
- Ensured retail outlets' inventory assortment was well-balanced and had appropriate number of SKUs. Inventory was based on square footage of each store, approximately 250,000 units total for all stores. Categories included gifts, toys, apparel, media, holiday and shoes.
- Planned units of inventory to be allocated to each store.
- Trained the Allocator to use the AS 400 System software to order inventory.
- Oversaw shipment of inventory to each outlet store. Amount shipped to each outlet varied with units sold.
- Measured monthly sales and merchandise performance.
- Implemented allocation strategies for flow of merchandise, multiple allocations with categories of high quantity, large items and high cost items.
- Determined pricing strategies, markdowns and sale promotions
- Prepared weekly and monthly reports for senior management.
- Partnered with the IT department to resolve problems and improve process with POS/CounterPoint software.
- Requested purchase orders for each outlet store using SAP software.
- Processed vendor invoices that were coded for each outlet store account. Approved invoices to be paid using the SAP system.
- Maintained all purchase orders, invoices and vendor data using the SAP system.
Developed and implemented allocation strategies with the Senior Manager of Liquidations.
- Allocated products to the outlet stores based on units sold the prior year and prepared the allocation forecast.
- Monitored inventory from outside purchases, two or three times a year, amounting to $150,000 annually.
- Maintained inventory control through inventory sales, returns to the vendor and damaged items.
- Maintain the POS system and created new SKUs as needed.
- Inputed purchase orders in POS/CounterPoint system for outside buys. Inventory levels were available in the POS system for each store's receiving.
Outlet Coordinator (1998-2000)
Maintained and processed a weekly payroll of 20-25 sales associates per outlet store and updated outlet files, master forms, and policies and procedures.
- Maintained POS data entry, customer complaint cards, customer mailing list corrections and weekly correspondence to outlet stores.
- Assisted in customer postcard preparation three times a year for special promotions, sales and free gifts.
- Managed and distributed the outlet stores calendar, a tool used for the outlet stores for sales, advertising campaigns, holiday weekends and visits from district managers.
- Prepared productivity and year-end reports.
- Ordered and maintained office supplies for outlets within budget.
Rockwell International/Meritor, York, South Carolina 1981-1998
Materials Coordinator (1997-1998)
Ordered material and supplies for the assembly line making Chrysler door systems. Maintained material inventory levels.
Quality Management System Documenter and Specifications Specialist (1996-1997)
Documented the Quality Management Systems and updated product drawings and bills of material files. Implemented the quality standard, QS 9000, for light vehicle systems. Processed and updated the computerized network systems.
Executive Secretary (1994-1996)
Prepared purchase orders, maintained log books and furnished product documentation for each door system. Assisted the Plant Manager with daily duties.
Redesign Documenter (1993-1994)
Prepared maps and layouts and documented individual team progress meetings.
Scheduled for cure presses, controlled computerized log with daily runs and assisted the Aircraft Linings Manager with daily duties.
Tool Room Attendant (1989-1990)
Distributed supplies to employees, received material into the tool crib, maintained monthly inventory of tools and logged all incoming/outgoing tooling.
Controlled lathes, broaches and grinders.
Quality Control (1984-1988)
Inspected materials for quality and processed capability studies.
Assembly Line (1981-1984)
Completed inspections and trained employees on various duties.
TQM (Total Quality Management)
High Performance Awareness
Specifications Specialist Workshop
Documentation for Customers
Business Conduct Class
| Microsoft for Windows
|| AS 400 - Allocation software