Experienced Administrative Support/Coordinator
More than 20 years of progressive responsibility for providing administrative support for cancer services, organizing special events, soliciting funding, and planning educational programs including symposiums and conferences.
An enthusiastic and respected team player who is detail-oriented and able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
St. Joseph Hospital, Orange, California 1987-2006
Cancer Conference Coordinator (1994-2006)
Responsible for medical staff continuing education program planning and cancer services coordination for a major medical center. Participated on ten medical staff and hospital committees, including melanoma, gallup survey, breast advisory and employee recognition.
- Organized three weekly continuing education programs on cancer related topics (lung, colorectal, head and neck, breast, prostate and melanoma).
- Created a master calendar, prepared a newsletter and distributed invitations to a medical staff of 1,500.
- Solicited and secured $30,000 in annual funding from vendors including pharmaceutical companies to sponsor educational programs.
- Chaired the underwriting component of the planning committee for Circles of Life, a major hospital foundation event. Collected $30,000 annually.
- Served as the team captain for the Susan Komen Foundation Race for the Cure.
- Set up a monthly guest speaker event that represented internationally renowned cancer programs with responsibility for marketing, promotions to the community and facilities arrangements. Attracted up to 120 participants.
- Raised $20,000 in contributions for the American Cancer Society "Relay for Life" event.
Tumor Board Coordinator (1987-1994)
Managed the collection and dissemination of patient data and studies to the medical staff for case review and recommendations.
- Led the implementation of the American College of Surgeons and Institute for Medical Quality standards for tumor board registry.
- Developed guidelines for pharmaceutical representative participation and involvement in tumor board programs.
- Served on the breast council advisory board that facilitated program development and physician recruitment.
Richard Church Appraisals, Santa Ana, California 1982-1986
Reported to the company owner for an appraisal firm with responsibility for administrative support, research on other properties, scheduling of appraisals throughout Southern California, billing and collections.
Began career in administrative roles in the real estate industry. Worked as a loan processor for First Security Savings and Loans and held progressive responsibility for loan funding and underwriting.
Mount Ida Junior College, Newton Falls, Massachusetts
Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia
Completed the Cancer Surveillance Certification Program, 2000
Southern California Medical Education Council
American Red Cross, Volunteer
American Cancer Society, Volunteer:
Chaired the "Relay for Life" event for two years
Team captain for two years
Microsoft Word, Excel and CNext