A successful administrative professional with outstanding leadership skills in event management, volunteer training, planning, operations and interpersonal relations, seeking a part-time position working with a senior executive/company requiring a sophisticated effective right hand.
Huntington Hospital, Pasadena, California 1991-2005
Administrative Assistant (part-time)
Performed secretarial and administrative functions including design of a point-of-sales (POS) system for the Huntington Collection Resale Thrift Shop located on the hospital campus. The thrift shop is in a separate building with 12,000 square feet and generates a $500,000 annual contribution to the hospital. Managed training of 130 staff and volunteers in using the POS system and scheduling, training and employee relations.
- Assisted volunteers concerning policies and procedures at the hospital.
- Provided backup services for absentee personnel including the manager and her staff.
- Purchased more than $50,000 in supplies, equipment and services for the thrift shop.
- Developed a program that tracked more than $700,000 in consigned merchandise.
- Helped plan the semi-annual volunteer parties.
- Performed daily cash deposits averaging $4,000 per day.
Los Angeles Philharmonic Association, Los Angeles, California 2004-Present
Board Member, Education Committee
Participated on a committee of 12 staff and volunteers in developing programs to get students and young people interested in classical music.
Pasadena Showcase House for the Arts, Pasadena, California 1990-Present
First Vice President (2003-2004)
Second Vice President, Benefit Chairman (2002-2003)
Provisional Chairman, New Members (2001-2002)
Assistant to the Benefit Chairman (2000-2001)
Interior Chairman, First Vice President (1999-2000)
Membership Chairman (1998-1999)
Chairman, Parking & Transportation (1998-1999)
Exterior Chairman (1997-1998)
Instrumental Competition Chairman (1997-1998)
Youth Concert Chairman (1996-1997)
Staffing Chairman (1994-1995)
Marketplace Treasurer (1993-1994)
Various Committee Posts (1990-1992)
Held progressively increasing responsibilities in a non-profit organization that raised more than $1 million annually in support of youth music, education and the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association. The main activity of the Pasadena Showcase House for the Arts consists of an annual benefit at The Pasadena Showcase House of Design, a renovated mansion open to the public for four weeks with more than 40,000 visitors. Activities during the year are the selection of a mansion, arranging a new design and actual renovation including a 300-seat restaurant and a market place for 25 vendors.
- Arranged music competitions for 60 students with judges from the Los Angeles Philharmonic with $30,000 in prizes.
- Produced two annual music youth concerts for 4,000 fourth grade students.
- Using a music mobile, visited 30 schools and demonstrated musical instruments to third grade students.
- As President, directed a board of 25 and a membership of 300 volunteers.
- Oversaw the 2003 Pasadena Showcase House operations. The $1.3 million net revenue heralded the most successful annual event in the organization's 41 years existence.
Women of Worth (WOW), Pasadena, California 1998-Present
Preside over a 17-member investment club that meets monthly to manage an investment portfolio for its members.
Secretary to the Senior Vice President in Charge of Operations for the Transamerica Life Insurance, Inc., Los Angeles, California.
Pasadena City College, Pasadena, California
Interior Design, Two Semesters
Pasadena Showcase House for the Arts
Los Angeles Philharmonic
Pasadena Art Alliance, Gold Crown Honorary Committee, 2006
Crown Guild Award for Excellence, Pasadena Showcase for the Art