Experienced Accounting Professional
A highly experienced accounting professional with 16 years of progressively increasing responsibilities for one of the nation's largest business-to-business services companies. Supervised office teams of up to ten professionals, and provided accounting and administrative services for more than 800 production and executive associates.
Expertise includes outstanding skills in accounting, data entry, payroll, accounts payable/receivable, human resources, contract management, training, secretarial and bookkeeping. A reliable collaborator who has processed extremely confidential matters with discretion and dispatch.
Aramark Uniform Services, Reading, Pennsylvania 1991-2007
Group Payroll Processor (2005-2007)
Group Payroll Processor Backup (2004-2005)
Processed payroll for seven locations covering 800 employees in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York for a $1.4 billion business unit of a $10 billion managed services company with more than 150 locations in 42 states.
- Entered payroll data from a spreadsheet from six locations into an ADP format for processing on a weekly basis for non-exempt associates and bi-weekly for exempt employees. For Pennsylvania, manually prepared payroll data for exempt and non-exempt associates.
- Audited each location to ensure that W4, I-9 and personnel files were properly maintained. Made sure that each location's paperwork for federal, state and local postings was carried out correctly and on time.
- Processed inquiries from unemployment offices for ex-employees to verify status and circumstances surrounding claims.
- Supported three local controllers with their weekly reports on any payroll issues.
- Visited each location on a quarterly basis and trained staff with respect to payroll issues.
- Ensured that the company's payroll paperwork satisfied 14 different union contracts.
- Verified social security numbers for all new hires in compliance with immigration regulations.
- Oversaw the company's time and attendance system, TimeTrak, at each location.
- Processed all new hires, terminations, leaves of absence, salary and/or position changes.
- Filled in for any field representative out for vacation or illness concerning payroll issues and employee verifications.
- Processed all employee verifications, including state disability, workers' compensation, housing assistance, credit worthiness and prior employment.
Administrative Assistant (1996-2004)
Assisted the Controller with reports, journal entries, reconciliations, accounting operations and administrative assignments.
- Processed accounts receivable paid by credit card.
- Processed the Teamsters health & welfare, dues, and pension payments for all union employees.
- Ordered office supplies.
- Ensured Department of Transportation compliance.
- Submitted information to Truescreen for processing background checks on applicants.
- Scheduled and received results for all pre-employment drug testing and physicals.
- Filled in for all office positions during absences (accounts receivable, accounts payable, receptionist, customer service, route auditing, printing and billing).
- Received and reported all workers' compensation instances/injuries and maintained the OSHA log.
- Processed leaves of absence.
- Received and confirmed 30+ route deposits per day and compiled the daily bank deposit paperwork.
- Generated weekly and monthly sales and loss reports.
- Continued handling all payroll and human resources duties.
- Ordered garments for new customers through the direct order entry system.
Office Supervisor (1995-1996)
Supervised nine office employees in accounts payable, account receivable, receptionists, customer service, route auditing, printing and billing.
- Trained new office employees for the Reading Office and other locations.
- Learned the Controller's reporting functions and assumed this role during his absence.
- Compiled information for processing the District Manager's quarterly bonuses report.
- Continued handling all payroll and human resources duties.
Payroll Clerk (1992-1995)
Compiled weekly payroll information for 36 route sales commission-paid employees. Inputted information into the ADP payroll processing software.
- Calculated manual punched timecards for 75 employees weekly. Inputted information into the ADP for payroll processing.
- Interpreted five union contracts and updated employee information to the payroll system following contractual obligations.
- Maintained personnel files and attendance records for all employees.
- Audited vacation accruals monthly to ensure the accuracy of time accrued and taken. Checked time-off requests to confirm the employee had paid time off available.
- Distributed benefits information and responded to employee questions.
- Inputted daily information into the productive labor system to ensure the Production Department's employees maintained minimum counts. Generated and distributed reports daily and weekly to the Plant Manager.
- Assisted during two company acquisitions that involved reconciling the prior company's invoices and billing into Aramark's system.
- Assisted other locations in training new payroll employees.
- Inputted all applications into the payroll system for tracking to be compliant with affirmative action.
- Reviewed new hires' paperwork for completeness and entered each into the payroll system.
- Processed separation information for terminated employees.
- Received weekly paychecks and added any attachments prior to distribution to employees.
Route Auditor (1991-1992)
Received prior days' route delivery reports and audited each to insure invoicing accuracy. Inputted customer invoices into the Route Accounting System.
Leesport Animal Hospital, Leesport, Pennsylvania 2002-Present
Receptionist - Part-time, Weekends
Check clients in and out. Schedule appointments. Handle all administrative functions, including filing and answering six incoming lines. Fill prescriptions.
National Bank of Boyertown, Temple, Pennsylvania 1989-1991
Muhlenberg Senior High School, Laureldale, Pennsylvania
Academic Diploma, 1989
Other courses: Banking course, Excel software and Building Leadership Skills
Computer Skills: MS Word, Excel, Outlook, ADP, TimeTrak, Enterprise, Reportsmith, ROSS, Infinity and JJKeller