6540 Hayvenhurst Avenue #15
Van Nuys, California 91406
Cellular/Messages: (818) 555-6907
A versatile and highly experienced business machine professional with outstanding service management, customer relations, trouble shooting and marketing support skills for a leading high-volume document reproduction equipment supplier.
PhotoStar Photocopier Equipment Supplier, Southern California 1982-Present
Field Service Manager (1995-Present)
Direct a team of 16 technicians servicing 1,600 customers for leading lines of photocopiers for an independent office equipment dealer with $14 million in annual sales. Train technicians in latest upgrades to equipment, systems, components and maintenance procedures. Provide technical and employee relations support to other field service managers.
- Generate more than $1.5 million in service revenues with past annual increases of 13%, 15% and 16% while reducing operating costs by 15%.
- Restructured parts inventory required for field personnel, increasing availability of parts by 45%.
- Established a greater sense of empowerment with field staff and peers while maintaining tight controls.
- Provide technical marketing support to 14 sales representatives resulting in 10%-15% in annual sales increases.
- Personally resolve technical problems for emergency situations that maintain customer loyalty.
- Led motivational/technical meetings with service personnel that have improved customer satisfaction and achieved company sales objectives.
- Implemented a proactive service program for seasonal clients maintaining a steady workload.
Technical Training Manager (1991-1995)
Recruited, hired and trained 27 field service technicians with 100% retention. Developed and conducted in-house training courses.
- Introduced and implemented a sectional service philosophy that went beyond just replacing parts, decreasing repeat emergency calls.
Service Manager (1987-1991)
Led a photocopy service team of 42 technicians and 11 support staff. Maintained inventory and traffic control of all equipment and parts. Worked continuously with service staff on Konica and Panasonic equipment. Trained technicians and dispatchers in systems and field maintenance. Provided technical marketing support for 15 sales representatives.
Senior Technical Representative/Supervisor (1986-1987)
Field Technical Representative (1982-1986)
Began career as a business machine service representative; learned all aspects of photocopier construction, maintenance, repairs, trouble shooting, utilization and planning which resulted in a promotion to Supervisor.
University of Granada Hills, Granada Hills, California
Bachelor of Science Degree, Evening Program, (in process)
Certificate in Human Resources, 1998
Authorized Technical Training Certificate, Giant Electronics, Corp., Long Beach, California, 1995
Authorized Technical Training Certificate, Toshiba Business Machines, Hartford, Connecticut, 1991
Other: Numerous training seminars in photocopier maintenance and repair by Giant, Toshiba, Panasonic and Konica
Computer Skills: Windows, Unix, DOS, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet browsers