[0136 "machinist supervisor"]
8951 Rosarita Lane #12
North Hollywood, California 91355
Cellular/Messages: (714) 555-2090
A highly accomplished and versatile general machinist with 25 years of manufacturing experience for the welding, orthodontics, paper, photography, automotive and aerospace industries.
Expertise includes outstanding leadership, administration, planning, scheduling, team building, inventory control, quality control and assembly skills.
Jiffy Tool Company, Orange, California 1993-2002
Machine Shop, Group Leader
Supervised four general machinists and one CNC mill operator for a manufacturer of semi-automated welding equipment, theme park fixtures, welding chambers, frames for aircraft engines, welding seamers, weld-head locators, remote welding controls and positioners for the pipe, automotive, aircraft, defense, irrigation, construction, fire extinguisher and wheel manufacturing industries. The company exports products to New Zealand, Taiwan, Japan, England, China, France, Germany, and Russia. Principal customers included Bongo, Honeywell, Rocker, Jack Douglas, Flyer, Teatime, NASP, The Disney Company and many small manufacturing companies.
- Assigned work and oversaw quality, performance and output for five machinists.
- Machined thousands of small and large components on milling machines.
- Ordered supplies for the Machine Shop.
- Member of the Safety Committee. Recommended and implemented new safety procedures.
- Rebuilt machine tools and carried out regular maintenance.
- Trained 20 new machinists.
- Worked with the Engineering Department in product improvement and simplified manufacturing processes and assembly.
- Suggested and implemented improvements on the Global Time Keeping system.
- Supervised machine assembly, painting and stock room departments in the absence of management.
- Updated blueprints following engineering changes.
Pinecrest Associates, Indio, California 1991-1993
General Machinist/Machine Builder
Working from engineering drawings and shop prints, fabricated and assembled various parts in the manufacture of automatic stamping machines used for the paper industry.
- Prepared materials for machining.
- Used mills, lathes, surface grinders and broaching machines to make components.
- Assembled, tested and completed machines.
- Created and prepared machines for shipping.
Bigger Better Cameras, Santa Ana, California 1980-1991
Managed fabrication and assembly operations in the manufacture of multiple image ultrasound cameras. Directed four supervisors and 60 employees.
- Directed the machine shop, electrical wire assembly, circuit board assembly, electrical testing and final assembly departments.
- Recruited and hired production staff for all departments.
- Set up and implemented quality control procedures.
- Assisted engineering in implementing product improvements.
- Organized and implemented a safety program.
- Planned and implemented three consecutive moves as the company grew.
Manufacturing Skills: Vertical and Horizontal Mills, Lathes, Stamping Machines, Presses, Brake Shears, Radial Arm Drills, Drill Presses, Surface Grinders, Nibblers, Machine Building, Testing, Safety Procedures, Saws, Broaching, Boring, and Open Table Setups
Computer Skills: Microsoft Windows, XP, Front Page, Word, Naturally Speaking, Outlook, Outlook Express and Explorer
Languages: Bilingual in Spanish and English.
Acted as Plant Superintendent for an orthodontics manufacturer. Worked as Foreman for a company that produced aircraft galleys. Produced keyboards for commercial aircraft and submarines. As a machine builder, constructed ground support systems for aircraft. Built automatic packing systems for packaging food products.