DOUG E. MOORE
4455 Moore Avenue
Memphis, Tennessee 38302
Cellular: (901) 555-4444
More than 20 years of progressive responsibility for operations and materials management, inventory control and production scheduling for manufacturing companies in diverse industries.
A versatile leader, who possesses excellent coaching, problem solving and planning skills with an ability to motivate staff and build teams.
Manufacturing 'R' Us, Someplace, USA 1989-2002
Director of Operations (1993-2002)
Led manufacturing operations, including materials, purchasing, maintenance, shipping, receiving, inventory and production control for a $25 million subsidiary of a $9.9 billion publicly traded manufacturing conglomerate. Managed 85 employees and a $6 million operating budget.
- Managed the production of four major product lines involving blown film extrusion, lamination, slitting, pouch fabrication and clean room operations for packaging for medical, electronic, aerospace and industrial industries.
- Restructured internal systems in materials management and reduced inventory from $4.4 million to $3 million while sales doubled during the same period.
- Reengineered the manufacturing operations from decentralized departments to work cell groups. Reduced management costs by $350,000 annually without impacting productivity or quality.
- Saved $500,000 in insurance premiums through the development and implementation of a safety program that reduced x-mod from 133% to 74%.
- Successfully negotiated three union contracts, with no strikes or work stoppages, that met financial guidelines and corporate goals.
- Played an active role in the implementation of IS09001, Customer Management Programs, Product Line Simplification and In-Lining.
- Reduced raw material costs through vendor negotiations.
- Introduced outsourcing for two processes, increasing plant output by 20% with no additional capital investment.
Materials Manager (1989-1993)
Directed production scheduling and inventory control with responsibility for nine staff.
- Redesigned inventory management and instituted controls and tracking. Improved accuracy from 60% to greater than 95%.
- Reduced frequency of physical inventories to twice per year and from three days to less than one through improvement of ongoing inventory management.
- Participated in the selection of company-wide hardware and software. Managed the installation and training of all staff with no down time in production.
Agriculture R Us, Someplace, USA 1987-1989
Managed production scheduling, inventory, subcontractors, shipping and receiving for a manufacturer of water filtration and purification equipment for industrial and agricultural applications. Supervised five staff.
Instruments R Us, Someplace, USA 1986-1987
Oversaw production scheduling and inventory for an electronic and mechanical assembly facility for gas flow valves. Introduced inventory and purchasing systems and managed the installation of MRP.
Tools R Us, Someplace, USA 1981-1986
Production Control Manager
Accountable for production in a three-acre machine shop facility that produced drill bits for the oil industry. Controlled $22 million in inventory and scheduled more than 250 machines.
Held management positions with progressive responsibility for production, scheduling and inventory control for manufacturing companies in Michigan.
University of Electronics, Someplace, USA
College of Technology, Someplace, USA
Management Development Program
American Production and Inventory Control Society, (APICS)