333 North 7th Place
Glendale, California 91741
A highly successful and innovative human resources executive with more than 14 years of increasing responsibility in the manufacturing, consumer products, banking and entertainment industries. Expertise in employee and labor relations, recruitment, compensation and benefits administration and TQM organization effectiveness for Fortune 500 companies.
- Created and implemented management development, sales training, performance evaluation and incentive programs that contributed 25% sales growth the first six months.
- Negotiated and administered collective bargaining agreements decreasing total costs by $400,000 through the term of contracts. Persuaded the union to include a human resource developed job evaluation plan in the agreement.
- Developed and installed an employee involved quality program that saved $50,000 the first year.
Personable and analytical with strong skills in establishing collaborative relationships, building effective teams, creating workable solutions to complex problems and policy development.
LA Apparel Inc., Los Angeles, California 1994-Present
Director of Human Resources
Responsible to the president of a $500 million apparel manufacturer and retailer with 2,500 employees and 50 stores across the United States.
- Reduced workers compensation costs by $90,000 by installing a safety incentive plan and closely directing the activities of the insurer, injured worker and industrial clinic.
- Saved more than $1.3 million in healthcare costs in two years and increased benefits by reducing insurance premiums and implementing a 125(c) flexible benefits plan.
- Aggressively pursued the resolution of unemployment claims and the auditing of unemployment tax accounts saving $150,000 the first year.
- Installed a new 401(k) plan saving $6,000 in administration costs and achieved a 50% participation rate by adjusting the communications process to a culturally diverse workforce.
- Recruited 145 executives and professionals in one year and saved $600,000 by contract recruiting.
Los Angeles City Bank, Los Angeles, California 1992-1994
Senior Vice President
Reported to the president and was a member of the executive committee of a $300 million commercial and entertainment community bank with 200 employees.
- Implemented an employee involved productivity improvement program saving $50,000 annually.
- Developed and implemented an incentive pay plan that improved loan officer productivity and loan quality by coupling performance to return on assets (ROA).
- Reduced total cost per hire from 34% to 10% while increasing staffing effectiveness.
- Negotiated healthcare insurance renewals and reduced the premium increase by 15%.
World Entertainment, Inc., Burbank, California 1986-1992
Director of Personnel
Directed the North American human resource operations for a division of the world's largest entertainment company with 2,750 union, professional and executive employees in 15 locations.
- Conducted a post acquisition outplacement program for 500 employees without any litigation.
- Initiated staffing efficiency procedures that reduced costs by $40,000 and increased AAP effectiveness by 22%.
- Co-chaired an industry employee assistance program that reduced inpatient and outpatient costs by 42%.
- Developed and implemented administrative procedures for client divisions that increased mutual communication and support.
The Healthcare Company, Torrance, California 1984-1986
Performed a wide range of human resource functions for the manufacturing facility of a Fortune 100 healthcare company with 850 non-union production, technical, professional and executive employees.
- Devised and facilitated an employee productivity task force that saved $40,000.
- Developed and directed inventive employee relations, management development and training programs that complied with federal requirements, improved morale and averted unionization.
- Structured and implemented an assessment center for supervisor selection that reduced costs 23% and increased staffing efficacy.
- Identified areas of interdepartmental friction and provided facilitation that stimulated positive communication between groups.
The Dairy Corporation, Woodland Hills, California 1982-1984
Revitalized and expanded the recruitment, compensation administration and management development programs for 2,400 employees for a rapidly growing $500 million dairy and food processing company.
- Directed individualized management development programs that met aggressive growth and succession plans.
University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
Master of Business Administration degree
California State University Long Beach, Long Beach, California
Bachelor of Arts degree
Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
Economic Development Corporation - Member