1234 Beach Boulevard
Newport Beach, California 90000
( 714) 555-5555
Cellular: (714) 500-0000
A multi-talented senior electronics technician with more than 15 years' experience in engineering, prototype and production environments.
- Created a prototype integration station for testing and evaluation of video display systems, reducing circuit module space requirements by 40%.
- Completed a $880,000 prototype part handling system project on schedule despite a two-month delay of parts delivery from vendors.
- Restructured the alignment equipment and procedures for video detectors of the Thermal Video System (TVS 7000) and reduced alignment time from six hours to one hour, saving $15,000 in labor costs in three months.
A highly motivated, creative team player with strong analytical and problem solving skills who strives for excellence.
- Designed and assembled a station for testing electrical motors prior to installation on system. Screened for common failures that occur within the first 48 hours of operation.
- Enhanced existing test stations including ultrasonic power supply and circuit card, increasing capability by as much as 100%.
- Decreased returned modems from more than 100 to less than 20 in a four-month period.
- Reduced turn-around time of returned units from 120 days to less than 30.
- Provided customer support to up to 25 field stations and solved 85% of phone-in complaints.
- Managed seven electronic technicians in a division producing $100,000 of satellite modems and air stations per week.
- Trained 12 technicians on testing, assembly and trouble-shooting of test stations.
- Maintained a spare parts pool on avionics repair and turn-around, allowing no loss of aircraft flight time.
- Constructed an infrared light curtain test station to test, troubleshoot and repair broken circuit cards and interconnecting cables.
Components Industries, Irvine, California 1993-1996
Senior Test Technician
Served as engineering technician in the prototype area for new building and redesigned projects. Acted as production test technician with some research and development responsibilities.
ABC Corporation, Rancho Santa Margarita, California 1989-1993
Senior Customer Services Technician (1990-1993)
Responsible for turn-around of returned units. Interfaced with customers to solve complaints.
Production Lead Test Technician (1989-1990)
Trained technicians, created schedules and tested new equipment including next generation modems and earthstations.
The Aircraft Company, San Diego, California 1981-1988
Aviation Electronics Technician
Responsible for the maintenance of three avionic systems with up to eight modules in each on 10 aircraft.
University of California, Irvine, Irvine, California
Bachelor of Science degree, Electrical Engineering