999 Maple Avenue
Los Angeles, California 95555
Three years as an accounting assistant with experience in financial report preparation and review, inventory cost analysis and accounts payable research for a manufacturing company.
A flexible, self-motivated individual with excellent research, analytical and problem-solving skills who learns quickly.
- Developed a system that tracked $200,000 of work in process in branch offices and eliminated discrepancies in annual inventory.
- Single-handedly implemented a chart of accounts conversion with a payroll company following a systems conversion during a four-month period.
- Directed the relocation of files from a 5,000 square foot facility to a contracted off-site service and saved 75% of storage costs.
- Consolidated revenue information from 65 branches and created a net sales report for distribution to the CFO monthly.
- Conducted inventory analysis on in-stock items for projected costs versus actual payment.
- Directed the consolidation of 65 branch long distance phone charges to a single contracted company and saved 60%.
Software: Lotus (DOS/Windows), Windows, WordPerfect, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Harvard Graphics, Excel, Mintab, DBase
Harmony Products, Los Angeles, California 1991-1994
Provided support to an accounting department with 20 staff in a medical manufacturing products company.
Dependable Temporary Agency, Los Angeles, California 1990-1991
Worked part-time for major companies such as Proctor & Gamble in accounting and MIS departments.
Held part-time positions in the restaurant industry while attending college.
California State University, Fullerton, Fullerton, California
School of Business Administration, expected graduation, 1995.